Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
remarking a quilt for quilting >

remarking a quilt for quilting

remarking a quilt for quilting

Old 01-09-2017, 10:00 AM

Default remarking a quilt for quilting

I have marked a section of my quilt, that I am hand quilting, w/Crayola marker and I didn't get the stencil positioned just right. So, is there any way to get out the current marks so I can remark it w/out having to wet the whole quilt?

Here is what I thought about doing... hanging the quilt up (it's a wall hanging so not too big) and spraying it w/a water bottle and then blotting it dry, let dry totally, then remark. Would that work? Oh, the marks are on the outside border and not the middle of the quilt, thankfully.

Thanks for any help.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:09 AM
Power Poster

I would use a spray bottle with water in it. Lay the border sections on top of a towel, spritz with water until the marker disappears and then blot with another towel to speed drying time. I think it will be easier to work on flat on a surface.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:23 AM
Banned

Just did the same thnig. I spritzed it with water and blotted. Took a couple repeats, but it worked.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:34 AM

Instead of spritzing and waiting for it to dry, can you just remark it with a different color pen?
Old 01-09-2017, 10:43 AM

AStitchInTime---well, I did that and I still had it in the wrong place . The stencil I am using is not clear like the others so I'm having a hard time putting it where I want it. Stencils drive me crazy anyway, but I'm the type that needs them.

Tartan & popover---thanks, I hoped that would work. I'll try it and report back.
Old 01-10-2017, 08:55 AM

I just use a different color and put a few Xs on the wrong line. Oops, as suggested above!
Old 01-10-2017, 08:05 PM

I got a spray bottle and sprayed and blotted until enough of the color was gone to be able to remark.

Thanks everyone!!!