Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Removing blood stains from quilt

Blog Entries
    I checked the website that Darlene loves Chocolates posted. I ordered the trial size, enough for one quart, for about $5 and that included shipping. If you have teen girls this product will pay for itself in no time.

Exact cost for trial size that makes one quart: $5.14

Spit--gross! Hydrogen peroxide or cold water will take out the blood.

I have a friend that is diabetic. We were sewing together and she said to make sure the pin point is inbetween the fabrics, not exposed on the backside. I have used this method in my regular sewing and find that it works well.

I am new to this blogging. I have a friend that is diabetic. She makes sure her pin points are between the fabrics, not sticking out the back. You need to bring the pin back up from the back to the centre of the batting. I use this method in my ordinary sewing as well. It sure helps with the pricking. I have not had a great deal of luck removing blood spots.

If it is white, use 1/2 amonia and 1/2 water and blot the blood out. then rince as best as you can.

Blood is a protein stain. If it is colored fabric, test for color fastness BEFORE using the amonia.

I used to work at a dry cleaners and this is what we used.

Blog Entries
    ZOUT SPRAY in a red spray bottle. in a laundry mat last winter in fla. I saw a lady use it on the back of a beautiful quilt. there must have been 40 l/2 inch blood spots on the back , which she said had been there for 3 months. she wet the spot, sprayed Zout on it, srubbed a little by hand, dipped it in the water, within l5 minutes she had all the spots gone. then she threw the quilt in the washer. I since have used in on my quilts where i have pricked my finger. works every time. does not damage color.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostn51
    Quote Originally Posted by mpspeedy
    Thanks for all the advice. I'll let you know how it turns out. There is one old lady I would like to gag. She is not a quilter just a critic who asks the dumbest questions. She is a little slow and thinks our little group is her private property.

Just watch the Sopranos you can get a few ideas there............ :lol: :lol:

Billy
    Billy, this blood thing is really bringing out the violent side of you! :lol:

Worked in a dentist office for 27 years and Peroxide was what we used. I assume you need to always test but never had it fail.

Peg-TX

alimaui
    This thread is a life saver, I was handsewing binding last night and got a tiny drop of blood...salt and water took it out so easily!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3