Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Reorganized!!!!!!!!!!!!! >

Reorganized!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reorganized!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-30-2010, 10:50 PM

The Golf is a good point, Greens fees each week, some are high !! Each should have own toys !! if all else fails take him shop hopping, to check assorted prices. and mention having some of each, get out the card, he may figure your collections not so bad !! Can always ask to borrow big birtha to smash seams. :)
Old 07-30-2010, 11:40 PM

Everything I buy was on "special". Husband told a friend once that my sewing room was full of 100s of dollars of "specials" Now when I bring some fabric home he just rolls his eyes and says "I know it was on special" I think he has found me out!
Old 08-02-2010, 06:45 PM
pal

My favorite is "Are you kidding?? Do you know how OLD
some of this stuff is?" It works for me.......
Old 08-03-2010, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by pal
My favorite is "Are you kidding?? Do you know how OLD
some of this stuff is?" It works for me.......
I have fabric that I know is at least 45 years & then have some scraps of greatgrandmother's. She would be way over 120 yrs old.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:45 PM

For angieh1964
Can I get the butter cream recipe? I need a good one?
Old 08-23-2010, 05:12 PM
tmw

i'am in AZ. and you moved from here to Pa? we're from Md, [you went to the cold and snow] i confess , i do miss it around xmas.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by walen
Say that some of your fabric has gotten old, and you have to treat it differently in order to use it. It has just lost it's strength and can't be trusted to hold up in a quilt. Say that if you are going to use the old fabric and have the quilt last, at least half of the fabric must be new! You'll just have to re-stock!
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you guys are fibbers!!!! Just tell him you beloing to a group of crazy people who hold a gun to your head and MAKE you buy stuff!!!!! 'sweet smile**. and if that doesn`t work, threaten to trade him in for 2 little dogs, lolol
Old 08-23-2010, 05:41 PM

My DH never says a word no matter how much I buy. He's always been good that way (of course, I make a good living and am spending my money). Except once...

We were putting in new carpeting upstairs. We scheduled the carpet guys to do two bedrooms one day and the other two a day later so we could move stuff back and forth. (We were also having one of the bathrooms redone at the same time). DH was working from home and the carpet guys showed up on the wrong day with the carpeting for the bedroom that is my sewing room and another room.

DH grabbed the guy doing the bathroom and the two of them emptied my sewing room, including the floor to ceiling shelves in the double closet full of fabric... lots and lots of fabric. Busted!

Apparently the bathroom contractor kept asking my DH what I could possibly do with that much fabric, as he made trip after trip out of the sewing room. I laugh every time I think of it.

Of course, I didn't laugh when it came time to put it all back. :cry:
Old 10-07-2010, 11:55 AM
Google Goddess

I just read your note, you got busted, tell him that you are storing it so you will have a nice supply of things to make

Originally Posted by kathome
OK - - here's the scene.

Things are getting a bit out of hand and the "back bedroom" (ha ha) was, shall we say getting a bit crowded. So I get a brilliant idea and make a trip to Walmart and pick up a boat load of those Sterlite organizer drawers. Once and for all I am determined to organize all of my yarn, thread (I've been a crocheter for over 40 years) and fabric, notions - shall I go on?

It was quite an undertaking and totally worth the time and effort, but most unfortunately, my DH happened into the room and stood aghast at my stashes and proclaimed loudly, "You have enough fabric to make a dozen quilts and enough yarn to keep the Army warm." Ut-oh - - I'm busted.

So now I'm wondering how I can justify my next trip to the store?
Old 10-07-2010, 04:32 PM

The last time my DH said he was going to Lowes to pick up a few things I said good I'll ride with you and you can drop me at the fabric store, I need to pick up a few things too. He said OK. He'll do anything to save a gallon of gas!