Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Repairing a quilt

I have a quilt that looks like a pinwheel design. Several of the circles need repair but I don't know how to do this type of quilt. Can anyone help me please?

Thanks, Carletta

Maybe you could post a picture of the quilt, so we could see what the problem is. It's hard to say without a look!

:)

Is it an antique quilt? Is the damage from seams pulling out, or rips/worn out fabric? Hand or machine quilted? Rustic or formal? Methods depend on the quilt itself. Quilts are individuals, just like their makers.

I have mended quilts that are getting worn, not antiques, but favorites. I just fold the two edges together and handstitch. There is a possibility that it would go puckery, but if it's old enough to be getting worn, it's probably wrinkly and puckered a bit anyway. I have thought that a mended job by hand is much better than a worn/holey area. There are those favorite quilts that we keep forever. S.