Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Replacing alluminum rails for pinnacle frame Help! >

Replacing alluminum rails for pinnacle frame Help!

Replacing alluminum rails for pinnacle frame Help!

Old 10-14-2017, 05:41 AM

Exclamation Replacing alluminum rails for pinnacle frame Help!

Hi everyone... I am new to the whole quilting on a frame thing. I recently purchased a used pinnacle frame and the person I bought it from replaced the alluminum poles with 10 ft poles... I , however, mostly do smaller quilts and want to set it up in the crib size that it was originally designed as an option. My question is this.. is there any way to get replacement poles .. or can I buy something from the hardware store/metal shop that would work as replacement poles. Thanks in advance for your help.
Monica
Old 10-14-2017, 05:55 AM
Power Poster

is it the pinnacle frame made by Grace? http://www.american-sewing.com/the-p...num-frame.html
Old 10-14-2017, 05:56 AM
Power Poster

Welcome to the Quilting Board
Old 10-14-2017, 06:12 AM

yes it is..
Old 10-14-2017, 10:10 AM

In reading the description of the frame in QuiltnNan's link it appears that the original poles extended to king size(120") or without the extension, could be used for crib size. Did your seller replace with poles that do not adjust? By the way, 10 feet may not be long enough for a king-size quilt. I had one once that was 117 inches. On my 12' table I barely had room to work with the machine(changing bobbin, etc).
Anyway, can't you use your frame as it is for a crib size quilt? I have a 12' table and do this all the time. You mount the quilt lined up with the middle of your leaders as you do with any quilt. The only problem would be if your side clamps can't reach that far from the sides but maybe you could somehow make them longer? My table has velcro straps and clamps. The straps are very long and I can adjust for any length I need.
Hope you work our your problem.
Old 10-14-2017, 11:18 AM

Thanks for your response...I was actually confused and had to take a better look at the parts. It can be set up for crib sizes.. I just didn't want to have to take up that much of my room when I rarely do bigger than a throw... Thanks again for trying to help me.