Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Resolution to martelli rotary cutter problem >

Resolution to martelli rotary cutter problem

Resolution to martelli rotary cutter problem

Old 03-05-2015, 05:04 PM

Default Resolution to martelli rotary cutter problem

In another thread about preferences in rotary cutters, I posted about my problem with the Martelli ergonomic cutter's blade cover malfunction. Several very kind members encouraged me to contact the company, which I have done. It turns out Martelli will provide owners with a new spring (it gets stretched out with use, and then won't work, which is what mine did) at no charge anytime it's needed. They also have a trade up policy whereby owners of the older rotary cutter, like mine, with the spring, can mail it back with $12 to exchange it for the newest version, which has an improved mechanism. Yay! Thank you all for your help. Soon I'll have a new cutter!
Old 03-05-2015, 05:18 PM

They have changed rotary cutters for right handed, I'm a lefty . I keep second one on hand( just incase) . I'm going to sew expo in Lakeland this sat. Getting some more of there rulers.
Old 03-05-2015, 07:03 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Maybe another reason I can continue to say the Olfa cutters are the best on the market. I'm still using mine from 1984 with never a problem!

Jan in VA
Old 03-06-2015, 11:41 AM
Power Poster

Wow, good for you Jan. I had to switch to a more ergonomic cutter with my arthritis.
Old 03-06-2015, 12:28 PM
Power Poster

me too Jan!!!
Old 03-06-2015, 12:36 PM

I love my Olfas but my 28mm one kept falling apart when I used it. It was so weird, the nut and washer would fall off one side and the blade and round screw thing would fall off the other side. It didnt feel like the screw was stripped but it sure wasnt useable. I emailed " World Kitchen"which is Olfa. I never heard a word back. I then received a new one in the mail after 6 or 7 weeks. I am happy that they stand behind their product but it would have been nice to have my message acknowledged so i knew what the staus was. I had a problem with a Fiskars cutter and they let me know that it would be replaced. I was a lot happier knowing right away what the outcome would be.
I think its great that these 3 companies warranty their products to our satisfaction. I think it makes great business sense- i think they make more money on replacement blades than the cutters anyway-LOL
Old 05-16-2016, 11:16 AM

Martelli stands behind their cutters. I've had their 45mm lefty since it came out. I purchased a 60mm late last year and was disappointed it was the old mechanism. I thought I was on a waiting list for a new mechanism 60mm lefty cutter to replace it and after following up, found out they have too many lefty old mechanisms in stock & did not plan to make the new one. So, due to the misunderstanding they sent me a new 45 MM new mechanism for my troubles, no cost no shipping. Can't beat that!
Old 05-16-2016, 11:43 AM
Banned

Olfa does a good job with standing behind their cutters.

I contacted Olfa about needing the replacement parts for
ALL sizes of the cutters, the spacers, washers, nuts, and
the disk that has the post (in other words the entire unit
except for the blades & handles).

Told them I was willing to pay for them, but just need to
know how much it will cost. Of course my email had my
mailing address at the bottom (forgot that it was there).

About 4-5 weeks later I got a padded envelope in the mail.
There was enough replacement parts to repair 4 of each
size cutter.

Talk about service.

Originally Posted by Farmhousesewer View Post
Martelli stands behind their cutters. I've had their 45mm lefty since it came out. I purchased a 60mm late last year and was disappointed it was the old mechanism. I thought I was on a waiting list for a new mechanism 60mm lefty cutter to replace it and after following up, found out they have too many lefty old mechanisms in stock & did not plan to make the new one. So, due to the misunderstanding they sent me a new 45 MM new mechanism for my troubles, no cost no shipping. Can't beat that!