Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Resolved problem threading machine needle >

Resolved problem threading machine needle

Resolved problem threading machine needle

Old 08-26-2016, 04:03 AM

My Mom, bless her soul, taught me to wet the needle, not the thread. Wetting the thread makes it expand. Thus making it harder to get into the needle hole. Wetting the needle, kind of "grabs and pulls" the thread right thru the hole. Works all the time for me. Not drippy wet, mind you, just, a bit. Sorry, hope that's kinda clear.
Old 08-26-2016, 04:23 AM

I lick my finger and wet the back side of the needle where the hole is and the thread goes right through. I don't know why it works but it threads every time.
Old 08-26-2016, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by PAMAR View Post
Susie, I had been having that problem,too. The needle threader would work until I changed the needle. Then not. When I took my machine in for maintenance, I asked if there was a trick to threading after changing the needle.

They told me that they just hit the needle down button and then hit it again to raise the needle. The needle is then in the right position for the auto needle threader to work. This has worked like a charm for both my Bernina and Juki. I was so glad I asked.
Thanks for the tip. I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong with the automatic needle threader. Like you sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't. So I went to the old fashion method of stab and grab. I'll practice with repositioning the needle.
Old 08-26-2016, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Carol34446 View Post
If this boy still needs new glasses, have family check in with Lyons Club, they help people with glasses, even helped a friend with eye surgery when they had no insurance.

I too use the white paper and it sure helps see the hole in the needle.
Off subject with this thread, but on subject with the glasses. If you don't have a Lions Club/local glasses charity available, look into your old stash of glasses. Some may be stylist enough still for children in middle school. Occasionally I'll stop by the middle school to see if there is a child who cannot afford glasses. I'll donate my old frames. Usually parents/teachers will chip in for the office call and the prescription. If you're really lucky the optometrist will wave the office call.
Old 09-12-2016, 04:44 PM

I run mine over my lips with chap stick on them for hand and machine sewing. works like a charm.
Old 09-12-2016, 05:02 PM

Thanks to everyone for so many good tips. I'm just starting to have problems and will see what works best for me.