Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Resources?

Question Resources?

A week or two ago someone posted a web site that provided extensive information on yardage requirements, equivalents, etc. (i.e., how many charm squares does it take to make a twin size quilt). I have lost it and many other things in a computer crash. My extensive search of past posts has failed to turn it up. Anyone remember what it was?

Thanks

I didn't see that post, but have you tried to Google quilt measurements or similar words. Maybe quilt conversion charts.
    Bambi

Thanks. There are many sources but I am looking for that particular website. I think the url contained two names. Something like (someone) and (someone).com".

I believe what you're looking for is The Ufo-rphanage for Quilters (www.ufo-rphanage.com). They have all kinds of info on how many and how big. Also, www.Quiltersparadiseesc.com has many calculators for yardage, binding, borders, batting, etc. I've used both of them and found them to be quite accurate. Hope this helps you!
    Wendy in VA

These are both great sites and I will be using them, however I am still looking for the site that was posted on this board. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Rubesgirl View Post
    I believe what you're looking for is The Ufo-rphanage for Quilters (www.ufo-rphanage.com). They have all kinds of info on how many and how big. Also, www.Quiltersparadiseesc.com has many calculators for yardage, binding, borders, batting, etc. I've used both of them and found them to be quite accurate. Hope this helps you!

There is also a site called http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com/2...ments.html?m=1 This site tells you how many charms you need for each size quilt and how to compute it for yourself, too. Maybe this will help. I don't know the specific name of the one you lost in your crash, sorry. :-)

Thanks, Rubesgirl. Another great informational site. Still looking for the site in the original post if anyone remembers what it was.

Blog Entries
    try looking under craftybear. she posts a lot of links (she is the link queen) and i believe with the new board there is a separate setup for all of her links. also maybe you can reach out to her and see if she knows what you are looking for.
    My Quiltboard Blog
    ~Joy is what happens when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are..(Marianne Williamson)
    ~If you can't change your fate, change your attitude.(Amy Tan)
    ~As long as one keeps searching, the answers come.(Joan Baez)

Thanks for those I'm pretty good at measurements but I like to have a backup to check myself ....great resources!!
    *Rachel*