Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Retreat gifts >

Retreat gifts

Retreat gifts

Old 06-23-2015, 03:11 AM

letter is going out today.....Thank you
Old 06-26-2015, 03:47 AM

A few years ago, I made little beaded scissor fobs for the attendees. I bought some of the beads with letters and put their names on each one. Cheap but they all still use them.
Old 06-26-2015, 04:12 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Cheshirecatquilter View Post
Here's a few more thoughts. I wonder if you could find those clear plastic report covers in red and cut them up to carry in a wallet for looking at fabrics while shopping to judge their relative darkness (value). Also, maybe the dollar stores have very small rectangular mirrors so you could tape two together to make the little device that can be used to see how a fabric will look as a kaleidoscope. How about a few bandaids for those inevitable finger pokes or split fingertips and a stain remover pen for quick fixes on a small blood stain on a block? BTW, that inexpensive lotion for a buck a bottle at Jo-Ann's checkout counter is really nice and non-greasy and helps with the dryness from handling fabric all day. And finally, for hiding thread tails down into the batting everyone could use a single self-threading needle. They are ridiculously expensive as a package, but singletons for each person might be doable, and they are so quick and handy. They come in two varieties, one that threads from the top of the needle and one that threads from the side. I find I like the side threading ones better, as the thread sometimes pops loose from the needle on the top threaders if you have to tug hard.
Green is better for discerning values of reds than the red is.

Also - make sure the covers are "clear" and not "cloudy" - if you decide to use them. It is interesting to see how colors look through the various colors of the vinyl.