Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Retreat questions >

Retreat questions

Retreat questions

Old 05-01-2014, 07:55 AM

I usually look for a class/camp/retreat that a teache whose work I like is having, or on a particular technique I want to learn. Check out who is teaching what at the National Quilt Museum in Paducah.
Old 05-01-2014, 05:16 PM

Please don't be afraid to go to a quilt retreat alone - I did and met my three now closest friends. Our retreat was sponsored by a local quilt shop and is held in an inn. Many of us have our own rooms (there are usually about 100 quilters) but some choose to share. Meals are prepared for us and all we have to do is sit and sew and laugh. And we do!

Give it a go!
Old 05-01-2014, 07:45 PM

It sounds like a lot of fun. Sometimes it is simpler if you just go alone. A room of your own and make new friends. One is silver and the other gold. Can you tell I sang that song long ago in Girl Scouts. Go for it and have a fabulous time.
Old 05-01-2014, 08:40 PM

I have been to scrapbook retreats and really enjoyed myself. I would think they both would have the same type of atmosphere. But we did have several bottles of wine at the scrapbook retreat lol! There is a LQS about 30-45 minutes away so I can check with them. I will definately google/bing quilting retreats. Thanks for all the advise. The only problem I for see is I am an insomniac. When I went to the SB retreat my sister and I shared a room since she was used to it. Hopefully I can find one to go to.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by ocydroma View Post
The only problem I for see is I am an insomniac. When I went to the SB retreat my sister and I shared a room since she was used to it.
That wouldn't be a problem with my quilting group! There are no rules, no bedtimes, and we stay up until 3 am sewing and laughing! The only "restriction" is you gotta be in the dining hall at 9:00 am for breakfast. If you miss it, you're on your own.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:14 AM

Definitely go and go alone, it's my favorite way. I loved having a room to myself at the last Retreat I went to. After talking all day long, I was ready for some quiet time. I met the most delightful snowbirds from Maine and New York. I never would have met them if I had gone and sat with friends from home.