Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Return a fabric?

Does your LQS accept returns on fabric? (I know the chain stores generally do.)

Could you even bear to (sob) return a fabric?

I don't know that anyone does if it has been cut for the sale, not even walmart, if it is prepackaged maybe, and the packaging is intact, though if there is a serious flaw in it they might.

Blog Entries
    I have never tried to return fabric , even to a chain store . Even if I have regrets later I keep it 8)
    Sharon

WalMart will take yardage back if it has not been cut, washed, etc and has the receipt intact. The only other time I have taken a fabric back is when it "fell apart" in washing. the color after washing was not even CLOSE to what it was before.. I felt it was a faulty product and returned it. The folks at the fabric shop where very nice and appalled at how poorly it washed. I washed it on cold, gentle cycle with Dreft soap and tumbled dry.. it was hideous after washing.. sorry I didn't get pics. but it went from a beautiful vibrant green to a muddy brownish green

None of the stores here well let you return cut fabrics. I don't know about kits or fat quarter packs.

I've never had to return fabric, but all the places I have been to have always had a sign up saying no returns on fabrics. But, I'm sure if there is a problem with it, one such as Tippy mentioned, then they'd take it back.

I haven't heard of a store accepting returns on cut fabric in years. It went the way of giving you a discount if you finished a bolt. Does anyplace do that any more?

I have a wholesaler right now giving discounts on finishing bolts that have less than 5 meters on them. none of the other stores seem to, which isn't very smart, though I often take a little more if it is 1/2 a mter or less on the bolt, sometimes if it is around a meter if the price isn't bad.

The walmarts here that have fabric left, won't take it back.

[quote=Moonpi]I haven't heard of a store accepting returns on cut fabric in years. It went the way of giving you a discount if you finished a bolt. Does anyplace do that any more?[/quote

My Joann's will sell anything less than 1 yard at the end of the bolt as a remnant if you want to purchase that along with what you got.

Walmart would accept the return, I've done it there before, tho' I can't remember why I took it back. I've never taken back any to a LQS but I know of one that does as long as it hasn't been altered in any way.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast