Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Returning of fabric bought online? >

Returning of fabric bought online?

Returning of fabric bought online?

Old 06-13-2015, 05:09 AM

I honestly thought that once fabric was cut off the bolt, you couldn't return it.
Old 06-13-2015, 06:10 AM

Call customer service, tell them the same thing about the bleeding and the feel.
Old 06-13-2015, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by dunster View Post
I agree with PaperPrincess. It depends on the shop. I purchased some fabric from an eBay store and when it arrived it looked like a pale comparison of what that fabric should be. (I had purchased a bit of the fabric elsewhere and was trying to find more, so I had something to compare it to.) I contacted the eBay store and instead of allowing me to return the fabric they refunded my money. I bought tons more from that store, because I knew I could count on their customer service. Usually, though, I go on the theory that I will have to accept whatever fabric I receive, and that's the penalty for buying online. The bonus is that there is a huge selection, better prices, and you can shop from your home, putting things in the cart one day and making the final decision a week later (provided your selection is still available).
I had similar experience, but instead of the fabric being inferior, I actually had chosen the wrong color. I called them an explained and they sent the correct color, no additional charge, AND I did not have to return the wrong fabric. The CSR said to use it if I could, or gift it. I was blown away. Needless to say, I too ordered from them again and again.
Old 06-13-2015, 08:26 AM
Power Poster

If the fabric is washed, they may not take the fabric back, but if the fabric was in the same state as when you bought it, it would depend on their return policy. Once I was sent the wrong fabric and the company (Ithink it was Connecting Threads, it's been a long while), told me to keep the fabric and sent me a replacement of the fabric I had originally ordered. I was a happy camper as the fat quarters I received were beautiful/.
Old 06-13-2015, 08:29 AM

I have only had experience with www.fabric.com . Once they cut a panel crooked and once they sent the wrong fabric. On both occasions i emailed them and they apologized and told me to keep the fabric and they would send the correct one. And they did! Very good customer service.
Old 06-13-2015, 10:03 AM

There should be a "contact" spot on the website. You could send them an email to ask about their policy
Old 06-13-2015, 12:27 PM

I ordered Ohio State Fabric from Fabric.com and was sent a beautiful red with cars on it????? I called immediately and the lady was super. She said she was going to the warehouse because the number on the package was for OSU fabric but that wasn't what was in it. She told me to keep it or give it to charity and she would find out what happened and send the correct material (after I described it for her and sent her the link on their site for the fabric). They paid the shipping and it (even 1/2 yard more than my order) was at my home in 2 days. Great service....will always check them first now when looking for a specific type of fabric. Way to go Fabric. Com!!!
Old 06-13-2015, 12:53 PM
Power Poster

Every place has their own policies concerning returns, it is important to read the policies before placing an order.
Old 06-13-2015, 02:50 PM

My only experience with wanting to return online fabric was because it was not the right color for me when I got it. I had no problem returning it and then got the color that worked. I think it was Fabric.com.
Old 06-13-2015, 10:42 PM

Rule of thumb IF you are considering returning fabric......do not cut it. do not wash it. do not let your furry friends enjoy it in any capicity.
You should always inspect your newly purchased fabrics asap. Most companies will work with you when you are reasonable.