Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Reversable Bed Runner

Reversable Bed Runner

I want one side red with white circles and the opposite side white with red circles. The problem is that I want both sides to match up perfectly so when I echo quilt it, I'll only have to quilt once. Any ideas about how I can accomplish this?

Patqltz
    I never make mistakes when I'm quilting ... only creative opportunities!

Baste the layers. Then you'll know if they line up the way you want.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Patquiltz View Post
    I want one side red with white circles and the opposite side white with red circles. The problem is that I want both sides to match up perfectly so when I echo quilt it, I'll only have to quilt once. Any ideas about how I can accomplish this?

Patqltz
    I never make mistakes when I'm quilting ... only creative opportunities!
    What a great idea of the reversible sides. I was thinking of making a bed shirt but don't have any pattern. Could you please share? Thanks.. am anxious to see your pictures...

MTS
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolteacher View Post
    What a great idea of the reversible sides. I was thinking of making a bed shirt but don't have any pattern. Could you please share? Thanks.. am anxious to see your pictures...
    How about a QAYG Orange Peel Pattern?
    Really, really easy to put together.

http://howtobejenna.wordpress.com/20...ge-peel-quilt/

well with batting involved this seems next to impossible to me. i think i'd treat them separately and use thin batting for top and separate thin batting for bottom...quilt and then sandwich right sides together and turn. you could add more quilting if you want.
    mea

Someone posted a few days ago, a link that showed a GFG that was done one by one hex's, completing each hex (top, bottom, and batting) then hand quilt hex, and QAYG sewing together. You would do red on top, white on bottom and when you connect you would not have any confusion. Hope I haven't confused you with my wonderful instructions. They work in MY head. LOL

Anyway, you could do a snowball square in that matter so that it could be kept under control and it would almost be a circle.