Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Reversible quilt as you go

www.http://quiltingworks.com
    Has anyone made one or seen this done?

Quote Originally Posted by quilterj
    www.http://quiltingworks.com
    Has anyone made one or seen this done?
    I have done a number of things with this method. It works well and I thought the pattern had good picture directions as well. I did not find it hard to do.

Good Luck

I've not done one of these, but it looks fun! I've seen other QAYG quilts and I'm interested in how this one might differ. I found other good information and ideas on this site; thanks for posting!

Blog Entries
    My first quilt book was Reversible Quilts by Anita Murphy. The instructions were fantastic and I was a complete beginner and made a beautiful quilt. My DD still loves that quilt and it has been on her bed for years. It's a quilt as you go method. If you can find her book, buy it! Reversible Quilts: An Easy New Technique (Leisure Arts #4131) Anita Murphy/ Rita Weiss.

The tute on quiltworks.com is the same as in Reversible Quilts by Sharon Pederson. I use it all the time and have learned to adapt the measurements as I need. Saves a lot of time and it is easy to do a large quilt. I recommend it.

I use the Sharon Pederson method myself. I prefer to ditch stitch the seam cover down from the front side of the quilt. I use Elmer's School Glue and my little craft iron. I put a small, thin stripe of glue along the stitches, pull the seam cover just over the glue and use my craft iron to dry the glue so it sticks. Then I flip the quilt. Stitch in the ditch from the top and voila, all done!

My friend made one of these for her first quilt, it turned out very well and went quite fast. She followed the directions (same web-site) and didn't have a bit of trouble. Hope this helps.

have not tried it yet

Thanks for the information. I just bought Anita Murphy on ebay..I'm thrilled with it. Hona

I took a Fun n Done class a while back and liked it the most of what I've seen. Not a fan of QAYG, but it was fun to learn something new. I plan on trying it again with an embroidered quilt I'm going to start soon.

I plan on getting Sharon Pedersons book or CD.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast