Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Reviews on Janome 200e

Hi-

I noticed that I could purchase this machine for around $500. While I don't really have a desire to do huge items, I would like to be able to embroider a t-shirt or even a cloth.

For those that have this machine, can you hook it up to your computer? Will it transfer and read files? Also, more importantly how does it perform?

thanks! JC

On patternreview.com I just read that it uses a USB stick. There are 3 reviews and all 3 love the machine, said it's easy to use and learn embroidering.

Blog Entries
    I doubt that the 200E uses a USB stick, because I have the 300E and it does not and the 200E is older than the 300E. A 5x7 hoop is really useful. You can do a lot with the 4x4, but I really use the 5x7 for t-shirts, personalizing names on blankets, etc.

Blog Entries
    FOUND THIS DESCRIPTION ON THE JANOME WEBSITE, IT DOES HAVE A USB PORT TO TRANSFER DESIGNS FROM YOUR COMPUTER:
    "Personalize your life! The 200E makes it easy to add professional-style embroidery to garments, accessories, home dec items and more! Transform everything in your home to something uniquely yours. Simply snap in the hoop and press a key. Use the USB port to transfer designs from your computer, and enjoy features that make embroidering easy, like the built-in needle threader. Forget designer goods, the 200E makes it truly affordable to customize your world!"

This was in the description on Allbrand.com.

Janome 200E, Only Dedicated Embroidery Machine under $500 with USB Memory Stick Drive. Brother SE350 Card, 400 USB, LB6770 Card, 6800 USB, NV900 USB & White 4400 USB are Cable

Brother 4x4" embroidery machines online and at Walmart may have too small of a hoop for you and the 5x7" machines start at $800, so this one is in between at 5x5"!