Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ricky Timms

Ricky Timms

Has anyone attended the 3 day Ricky Timms seminar? Is it worth the money?

I saw the ad for it too... I haven't but I sure would if money were no object.

I went to one her in So. Cal. It was really good. No classes just him, Alex Anderson, another woman (can't for the live of me remember her name), and the thread guy. It was well worth the money. The concert he gave on Saturday night was totally awesome! There was a small quilt "show" of his quilts (some from the other people also, I think), and a small vendor area. Although they were only selling Ricky Timms fabric and a few notions, thread, etc. You will enjoy it if you go.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    he was just here in OKC and very people attended due to the cost and those that did said they were NOT impressed at all!

Quote Originally Posted by jaciqltznok View Post
    he was just here in OKC and very people attended due to the cost and those that did said they were NOT impressed at all!
    That is the first negative comment I've heard about a Ricky Tims event. I had a friend attend several years ago and she loved it. The 3rd quilter at that time was Libby Lehman.

Banned
    I've attended one of his seminars and I can highly recommend it! He is funny, informative and well worth every penny you'll spend. Several women in my church quilting group also have seen him in person and have nothing but raves as well.

I bought his dvds because I am a slow learner and can watch them over and over. They are well worth the money.

Blog Entries
    I'd give my eyeteeth to be able to attend!
    I used to be "hot", now it's just "hot flashes!"

Blog Entries
    I took a class from Ricky Timms and it was a lot of fun. He is very entertaining, very kind and upbeat. How much is a 3-day seminar? Not sure I would want to sit around that long.

I went to a 3-day Ricky Tims seminar and it was incredible! An amazing amount of artistic inspiration and education and lots of laughs and fun. It was well worth it, I'd love to do it again and I highly recommend it to anyone who is interested in quilting.

They give out a book at the beginning of the seminar covering all the techniques that are taught. For anyone who feels the seminar was not worth it, there is a standing offer for a full refund providing they give back the book. There were hundreds of attendees and not one book was returned. That's how much it was enjoyed by all.
    Last edited by AtHomeSewing; 02-04-2012 at 12:45 AM.
    Connie
    At Home Sewing

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast