Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ricky Tim's >

Ricky Tim's

Ricky Tim's

Old 09-22-2013, 04:24 PM

Default Ricky Tim's

Just got back from a 2 1/2 day Ricky Tim's seminar, If you ever get a chance to attend one -GO- very educational! If you are an Art or Traditional quilter you will learn a lot! Alex Anderson was there for hand quilters information and Melinda Bules ( am not sure of the spelling of Melinda's last name) gave a very informative presentation on raw edge applique and thread painting. Can not sing there praises enough. Answered all kinds of questions, very informal and down to earth, felt like we were just enjoying time with good friends.
Old 09-22-2013, 04:43 PM

Nice that you were able to attend BJ. I live just down the street from where the event was held but couldn't get the time off to go. I guess I missed the chance of a lifetime huh? So now you have to do some projects using your new information and post pics so we can all enjoy them and maybe learn from you.
Old 09-22-2013, 05:23 PM

I totally agree with Gramie BJ it was a fantastic seminar. Ricky is so super talented. Not only a great quilter, but a fantastic musician & entertainer plus photographer. I am so glad I had this opportunity. I am quite anxious to put some of his teachings to the test---but first have several projects that I have got to finish. All 3 of the presenters took what appeared to be a complicated project and broke it down into small segments, where I actually was saying I think I could do that. A special thank you goes to everyone in the Tri-Cities guild that worked hard to bring these super quilters to the Pacific Northwest.
Old 09-22-2013, 05:44 PM
Power Poster

There is one in Modesto, CA in February. I'm saving my pennies right now so I can go.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:11 PM
Power Poster

​Lucky you!
Old 09-22-2013, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingbuddy View Post
Nice that you were able to attend BJ. I live just down the street from where the event was held but couldn't get the time off to go. I guess I missed the chance of a lifetime huh? So now you have to do some projects using your new information and post pics so we can all enjoy them and maybe learn from you.
If you can't make to a seminar sign up for, The Quilt Show, on the net, All 3 have information on it, and his books are really easy to follow to.