Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ripping out and re-doing my binding. >

Ripping out and re-doing my binding.

Ripping out and re-doing my binding.

Old 04-19-2014, 01:42 PM

I like the teal too. The thing to know is that whatever color you choose will pull that color from the quilt.
Old 04-19-2014, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Craftnut View Post
The thing to know is that whatever color you choose will pull that color from the quilt.
That's why I was thinking of using multiple colors...but with all of your unanimous opinions toward teal, I'm just about definitely going with teal....

THANKS!
Old 04-19-2014, 02:29 PM

Your quilt is beautiful! What a lucky baby! I think the teal looks quite good with the rest of the top, but I guess I haven't been the first to say that. Perhaps you have been too hard on yourself or spent too much time with the top?

But, shame on them if they prefer the back! Don't get me wrong, the back is great, but the top is wonderful!!

Dina
Old 04-19-2014, 02:53 PM
Power Poster

Kool quilt and whatever binding you use will only enhance the quilt. I also like teal. BrendaK
Old 04-19-2014, 03:56 PM
Power Poster

Why rip it out? I had a quilt that the binding I chose just didn't look good. I made another binding a little wider attached it over the first one. It was the best looking full binding I ever did.
Old 04-19-2014, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
Why rip it out? I had a quilt that the binding I chose just didn't look good. I made another binding a little wider attached it over the first one. It was the best looking full binding I ever did.
That is interesting! But I'm afraid that I have that frugal quilter's mentality to a FAULT . I wouldn't want to waste the fabric doing that! The ripping would be something I would do while watching TV when I would otherwise be twiddling my thumbs.

But I'm going to keep the teal. Everyone seems to like it but me -- and it's growing on me --- so I figure the baby will like it too. And it's got her Horton on it, sooooo.

I think my biggest problem with it was the change. The binding definitely took the quilt to a different place. I just need to get used to it.
Old 04-20-2014, 01:50 AM

So glad you are keeping the teal. I really like it. It grounds all that white. I'm sure the recipient will be pleased. I know what you mean by liking things just right, though. I'm a perfectionist to a fault. It causes me many problems but can't seem to let go of it. ��
Old 04-20-2014, 02:55 AM

Your quilt is very nice....I like the original! It just "goes" with it best!
Old 04-20-2014, 03:08 AM

I too like the original binding. Your quilt is very nice and the teal just finishes it!! I'm sure the recipient will live it!
Old 04-20-2014, 03:53 AM

I like your original binding, too! It makes the dots in your block pop out a little bit more. Interesting, too, that you like the original fabric so much that you still want to include it in your "fabric auditions."