Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Roll or Fold

We all have unfinished quilt tops lying around....don't we?
    So what do you do with them until they get quilted (sometimes it years before they are quilted).....roll or fold them and how do you store them to keep them clean?

ummm i am messy. my quilt top from the holidays last year is folded and some where in my stash. One day I'll find it and figure out what I shouldlike to do with it. I'm thinking a nice pieced border since it's just a simple 9 patch.

i make it a rule that i finish the quilt all the way before i start another one otherwise i would have them laying around and my sewing room is not that big i would suggest storing it like you would a finished quilt if you fold it unfold it every once in awhile so the folds dont become permanent
    i bought some nice bags from clotides with a zipper in them and it is made of a breathable material to store quilts in i just take them out and refold them every once in awhile

I have a new to me vintage top that won't be done any day soon, so I put rolled it after folding and have it placed in a pillowcase to keep the dust off. My room is the laundry room, so I need to be extra careful.

Blog Entries
    Roll. No fold lines. No wrinkles that are hard to get out.

I hang my tops and put in the closet. If you are folding or rolling do it with wrong side out.

I fold my quilt tops in half or fourths and then hang them on a drying rack, usually with the batting and backing. They are in constant sight-nagging at me to finish. "Quilt me!" "Quilt me!" It is downright creepy sometimes!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Marcia....love that idea. And I could ziplock my binding and hang it right with the quilt top and not have to go thru 4 or 5 plastic bins and tubs to find them.

Maple Grove, MN (by way of GA, NC, PA, NC, AL!)
    i save those long home dec fabric tubes and ask for extras at joanns or something and roll my qiult tops on those. That;s what I use to transport my unfinished tops back and forth to my quilt retreats. I don't have too many quilt tops lying around except an old basket quilt top I picked up a garage sale for $5 that I plan to finish...ONE OF THESE DAYS!!!

Great ideas ladies more to think about :roll: :? :wink: :-o

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast