Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: roll up design wall

Blog Entries
    A while back I had marked an Etsy shop that sold a really cool design wall, now that link no longer works.

It was a wooden box, which hung over the door, and the design wall, pulled out, unrolling, like a blind over a window.

It said you could roll up the quilt blocks with the wall, and tuck it all away when not using it.

Does anyone know what I am talking about? Any ideas where to get one? Or a pattern for, or a pic of?

Hmm.. I suppose it would be something like a roll-up projector screen (like the ones we had in school), only with a flannel (or something similar) instead of the (vinyl?) of the normal screen. Clear as mud, right? :lol:
    What a good idea!

Or you could use one of the roll-up shades, and put a layer of flannel over the actual shade...might work.
    Sorry for posting twice! :oops:

Blog Entries
    Don't apologize. you didn't do anything wrong. each post added different and useful suggestions. ;-)

even if they hadn't, it would still not have been anything to worry about. we've all hit "send" twice at least once. :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherQuilts
    Hmm.. I suppose it would be something like a roll-up projector screen (like the ones we had in school), only with a flannel (or something similar) instead of the (vinyl?) of the normal screen. Clear as mud, right? :lol:
    What a good idea!
    What I good Idea my mom has one in her attic. I thought about the window shade too but my window isn't very big and I have no wall space.

Neat idea. Maybe I can get DH to make one. Hmmmm

I found this web site which talks about making a design wall out of a window shade: http://quilting.suite101.com/article...lt_design_wall

"Large pull-down roller shade. Cover the shade with flannel or batting to create a clingy surface. Unroll the shade to lay out your blocks, then roll it up when not in use, with the flannel and blocks in place."

Blog Entries
    I just created a link for us for design wall ideas

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-49751-1.htm#1168385

I'm just starting to make a roll up design wall. I'll document it as I go and either post it as How TO make a roll up design wall or How NOT to make one! LOL

So far I've purchased a roll up shade, wonder under, 2x3" boards and foam crown molding. Now I need to play with the iron settings so I don't melt the vinyl and clear off a table so I can get to it.

Julie

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherQuilts
    What a good idea!
    Girl, that is a great idea!!! We have an old one around here somewhere....you have me thinking (like I needed another project)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast