Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: rolls of fabric strips

What do you all think of those rolls of fabric strips that they are selling now? At first I thought it was stupid, but then I realized that one could cut out most of a quilt out of those strips, if one plans it out. I think I may like that idea. Have any of you used these yet? And what did you decide about them?

I'm like you. At first I thought they were a waste, but then I have been thinking about a fall log cabin and I need 2 1/2" strips and I saw a jelly roll of fall fabrics and I thought... hey that would save me a lot of time! So I may give them a try. Barb C

For strip quilts, log cabins and for squares...most of the work is done...just sew sew sew.....gotta like that. :D

Blog Entries
    I have been buying 6 inch strips off of ebay and if it is fabric that I really like, I buy 2 and can get them in 12 inch pieces then, also. I like them as I can get a 6" X 22 foot section for $2.25 to 3.25 each.

Blog Entries
    i can definitely see the attraction, but that adds up to $39 a yard. yeeps! :shock:

i'm strill trying to wrap my brain around the price of fat quarters. this one will take a whole new drug. :lol:

Patrice,
    Yep I think your kitty just fainted again!

For $39 a yard, I can strip my own fabric. I like the concept though, I think. What I want to know is, how do they strip something that long without elbows and geegaws? I would have to tear it, and to save that much, it gives a whole new meaning to rip-it.

I can strip in my own yard for free...oh, wait...different stripping and yards...
    It's all good for me bc I can strip and and SELL IT! (and I mean FABRIC!) hehehe! Would I pay that for them? um, NO!

But, yes Norah, they are nice. I agree. It would save sooo much time cutting! And you could get a whole bundle or roll with a theme! Already ready, already! :shock:

Any product made to save time, costs more. You just have to figure out how much your time is worth and decide if the price reflects the value of your time. Personally, I think jelly rolls of fabric are worth the price if the fabric is of good quality. Just think of the time you save -- no matching or figuring out color schemes, no prewashing or pressing (I hope?), no cutting. It is like a 7-11 of quilting!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast