Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Rotary Blades

Rotary Blades

YOu have all scared me off going to Joann's on Black Friday. All I want is really rotary blades.
    I see some on sale on Joann's latest online flier.
    Question is- are any all that much better or worse than any other?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I think they are about all alike. The ones I got at Harbor Freight seems to be just as good. I am saving my old ones in case they come up with a good way to sharpen them. I want to ask my man who sharpens knives for me.
    I love your quilts, especially the one on the left. I love the baby blocks and have done them previously so I think I would love this one. I have never seen it before. Thanks.

Go to Harbor Freight and buy the carpet blades, they are just as good. Just don't make the mistake I made and accidentally have two stuck together (there is oil on them), they don't work as well that way....
    Michelle
    Michelle Guadarrama

It is from ABD 3-D by Marci Baker. It is actually strip pieced- no set in seams.
    Thanks for the tip. I will check out Harbor Freight.

Your quilts are beautiful. I go to joanns on black Friday but not super early lol too dangerous early! I purchased the harbor freight ones but wasn't that impressed. I am going to check another batch just in case. I use whichever comes out cheaper, usually fiskars

I'm really happy with my Harbor Freight blades, tho others have had challenges with them. Grateful for a change that it was my luck to get a really sharp batch with no challenges at all ... at least so far. I haven't opened all 20 pkgs that I bought,
    Warm quilt hugs, Sue in CA
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PostCardMailArt

Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death....Rosalind Russell

Oh yes, I meant to add that I also love your batik blocks in progress.
    Warm quilt hugs, Sue in CA
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PostCardMailArt

Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death....Rosalind Russell

Blog Entries
    I looove the quilt on the left!! I've always wanted to make one but never had the pattern!!

I really didn't like the Harbor Freight blades either. Thought I was the only one until this thread.

Check JoAnn's online. In the past they have had FREE shipping on Black Friday.... just like being at the store with no crowds!
    I have always used Fiskars, but just recently bought some Harbor Freight to experiment with.
    ~~ Pat

Where am I? And what am I doing in this handbasket?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast