Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Rotary Cutter Blades

Red face Rotary Cutter Blades

While doing errands with DH tonight, we stopped in to Harbor Freight. He found his guy stuff and guess what i found? That's right, blades in a 2 pk for 1.99 ea!! I got 5 pkgs for under 10.00, came home, tried them out and boy am i impressed!!! Sure beats the price at Joann's!
    SUZI C Dream...Explore....Experience

I've heard lots of people talk about the Harbor Freight blades. Some love em; others hate em. Personally, I'm hoping we get over that way before too long so I can try them out.

Sometimes the bottom one has some cardboard residue on it and needs to be scraped off but other than that I've never had any problems with them. Nope, thinking back there was one that wouldn't cut and I had to throw it away but I've been using them for about a year now so that's not bad.
    If no one ever experimented we'd all still be making 4 patches.

Interestingly there is another recent thread with just the opposite opinion! - me - I've had good luck with them so far.

I love them. Especially for the price! Every once in a while I come across one that doesn't perform. So far I've been able to toss it on my sharpener for a minute. It might even be that bottom one with the cardboard goo on it that raptureready mentioned; I haven't paid that much attention. But once i figured that out, they've worked great.
    "When I'm dead and gone there ain't anybody goin' to think o' the floors I've swept, and the tables I've scrubbed, and the old clothes I've patched, and the stockin's I've darnedÂ…But when one of my grandchildren sleeps on one of those quilts, they'll think about me, and, wherever I am then, I'll know I ain't forgotten." from 'Aunt Jane of Kentucky' by Eliza Calvert Hall

I'm sure that they are massed produced and some of them are not the best. Keep your receipt!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    since they are refurbished blades, you just never know what you will get. Sometimes they are not that great...I just found a HF down in OK city..someday I will try them out..

I use them also! Good price.
    Suzanne
    Asking a seamstress to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage.