Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: rotary cutter

rotary cutter

Hello Everyone,
    I am looking to purchase a more ergonomic rotary cutter to purchase. I am looking at this one:

http://www.overstock.com/Crafts-Sewing/Martelli-Ergo-2000-60mm-Rotary-Cutter/6203910/product.html?cid=202290&kid=9553000357392&track=pspla&kw={keyword}&adtype=pla

Have you used this one/kind before? if so what are your pros/cons?
    Do you have another preference?
    If so please let me know.
    Thanks so the help.
    LaQuita (aka) - Yai-Yai to the most precious grandbaby around of course I'm partial! LOL

HAPPY QUILTING!
    www.caringbridge.org/visit/shea

I love my gingher, pricey, but it has been my best cutter other than my 60mm quick change olfa which I also love
    Brother XL-3500i, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D

I use the 45 mm Martelli rotary cutter and love it. When I helped out at my LQS I always took my own rotary cutter because I thought it gave me more control than a regular 'stick' cutter. There is a learning curve. The first time I attempted to cut fabric I took off to the right -- I can't explain why, I just always caution people new to the rotary cutter to practice on some scrap first and try it a couple of times. We didn't learn to use our stick cutters with just one pass.

I have used the Martelli cutter for probably 8 years now. Love it. I have shoulder issues and it is easier on the shoulder and can be easily used while sitting down. I even used it while my arm was in a sling. Have had the spring break on it twice so am on second cutter but really love this one!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

You might ask around your friends, or quilt guild if you go to see if someone has one. If so maybe you can try it out!

I like the Martelli cutter too...so glad I switched!

Love. y Martelli. Much easier on my hand, wrist and shoulder. Love their blades also.

Power Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl View Post
    I love my gingher, pricey, but it has been my best cutter other than my 60mm quick change olfa which I also love
    I actively dislike mine. And I usually grab whatever cutter I find and use it.

Blog Entries
    I have and really like the Martelli one. I have arthritis and it is very comfortable for to use.
    Kathleen

Remember, people will see your quilts long after you are gone....NOT your housework!

Love my Martelli cutter. It comes in a left handed or a right handed version, so make sure you get the correct one

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast