Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rotary cutter

Rotary cutter

I am going to pick up a new cutter this week....just wondering if there are some that work better than others??? Looking for opinions on your favorite??

I like the Dritz cutter, because I don't have to do anything to close it. The blade comes down when you press and retracts when you let up on the pressure.

http://www.joann.com/dritz-pressure-...-45mm/prd2762/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dunster View Post
    I like the Dritz cutter, because I don't have to do anything to close it. The blade comes down when you press and retracts when you let up on the pressure.

This is my favorite also for the same reason but it has some limitations. First--be very careful not to drop it because it does react to pressure. Second-- I have had poor luck when trying to use it in the slots of a June Taylor short cut.

Blog Entries
    http://www.createforless.com/Olfa+Ro...utm_medium=cse
    this is the one i have and i love it. the blade comes out when you grip the handle. very easy to do and it goes back in when you let go so you don't have to close it yourself. the red button is to lock it in an open position. I never use it. It's ergonomic too. Olfa is the best.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
    http://www.createforless.com/Olfa+Ro...utm_medium=cse
    this is the one i have and i love it. the blade comes out when you grip the handle. very easy to do and it goes back in when you let go so you don't have to close it yourself. the red button is to lock it in an open position. I never use it. It's ergonomic too. Olfa is the best.
    This is the one I love too! I have 2 45mm ones and a 60mm.
    Bernie

Blog Entries
    I love the Olfa Ergonomic cutters. I watch for deals on ebay and have gotten them at very reasonable prices. I use the 45mm in my June Tailor Shape Cut Ruler...works fine. I also use the 60mm frequently and a 28mm if I'm cutting something small or curvy.

I love my gingher 45 and my olfa quickchange 60 i like the olfa quick change better than the olfa ergonomic 45 that i have
    Brother XL-3500i, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D

I have two Gingher 45's and I usually only use them. They're comfortable and that's important as I sometimes cut for hours at a time.
    If you feel like you're special...it's 'cause you are!
    Momto5

Quote Originally Posted by Smg1678 View Post
    I am going to pick up a new cutter this week....just wondering if there are some that work better than others??? Looking for opinions on your favorite??
    If you do a lot of cutting and if your hands get cranky, there's an L shaped one by Tru-Cut (I think) that looks like it would be the way to go. Our LQS uses one and it looks like cutting is a breeze with it. Costs a bit more, but probably worth it.
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Quote Originally Posted by dunster View Post

Which is the exact reason I DON"T like the Dritz cutter! (Isn't choice and difference of opinion wonderful!)
    My preference will always be the original "CADILLAC" of the industry, the Olfa cutters.

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast