Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rotary Cutting Tool sharpener

I was wondering about the electric True Cut sharpener when I saw it But didn't buy it because I had bought one like in the first link and it didn't work worth a hoot for me. Did everything they said, wasn't a happy camper

I bought a True Cut. I followed the directions about oiling and being careful to place blade correctly. I haven't let it go the full 30 seconds, but I get good results. Haven't bought any news blades since I bought the sharpener.

I have one of those (the manual one in the video, not the electric one). It helps but it's not as good as a new blade. It works best if you sharpen as soon as you notice the blade is getting dull - I haven't had much luck putting a new edge on blade that's REALLY dull. And if you have a nick it won't do anything for that. I think it's worth it as long as you don't have really high expectations for it (and if you can pick it up on sale - I think Connecting Threads has it on sale right now, actually). It will make your blades last a good bit longer (maybe even 2 or 3 times as long) but you'll still need to buy new blades on occasion.

I have this one. Work's pretty well, be sure to follow her direction's. I did'nt know to wet it.
    Carol

Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.

I have had one for years. I,too, didn't know to wet mine but it works really well for me. It is funny how long I will go with a skipped spot in what I cut before I get it out and use it.

I have one exactly like the one in the video, and it has worked great for sharpening my rotary blades. I didn't know about the water either, so I'm going to add that to the next sharpening session. For me, this sharpener has saved me money.
    My soul is fed with needle and thread, my body with chocolate.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mucky View Post
    I bought the True Cut and never did sharpen to new for me. In fact some turned out worse. Guess I must have done something wrong.
    There is a difference between Tru Sharp and Tru Cut sharpeners. One is electric and the other is manual

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2