Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Rotory Blade Sharpener

Does anyone have the Rotory blade shapener, I'm wondering if it really works and if it is worth the money.

Hi,

I have a rotary blade sharper like this one. It comes with two grains of sandpaper; coarser on one side and finer on the other.
    The rotary blade is fixed between two plates that allows you to sharpen one side of the blade at a time, starting with the coarser side of the sharper.

My experience is that you can shape a blade twice or three times, but then its finished for fabric cutting, but can live much longer as a paper cutter.

I think the sharper is helpful when I have forgotten to buy new blades and need a sharp one immediately!

Good Luck!

:)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    There have been many posts on various sharpeners (do a search). Most of us agree that none really work well. Especially if there are nicks on the blade.

Have you bought the ones (carpet cutters) from Harbor Freight? They are $1.99 for a package of 2 ($1.00 each!)and work amazingly well. So the motto mostly is: Don't sharpen, replace!