Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: rotory cutters

i have a 45mm fiskers and a 28mm olfa cutter. has anyone tried to put a olfa blade on a fiskers cutter? i am looking to buy the pinking blade and walmart around here doesn't have one and hancocks has the olfa. wondering if i should buy it? jeanette

Blog Entries
    i know you can use just about any flat blade in just about any cutter of the right size. I'm sure someone else will correct me if i'm wrong (at least i hope so) but i think you need a special cutter to start with to use a pinking blade. you will probably be able to use any brand, though, when it's time to replace the blade.

I have a fiskers rotary cutter as well as an Olfa. I don't buy fiskers or Olfa blades, I go with the generic ones and have no problem interchanging one company's blades on another company's cutter. If the pinking blade is 45mm it will work on your fiskers cutter. :)

I've interchanged them with no troubles.

thanks everyone for your quick response. i am on my way to hancock fabrics for thier newyears sales. quilting notions are 1/2 off today through the 2nd. and looks like there are some other nice sales too. gotta go.

jeanette