Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Row By Row License Plates >

Row By Row License Plates

Row By Row License Plates

Old 08-19-2014, 07:33 PM

Default Row By Row License Plates

For people doing The Row By Row, what are you making with your license plates? I saw on the MI Row By Row page on Facebook on Sunday a car and license plates but I was wondering what other people are making. I want a lot of choices. I love the car and will get that but I want more ideas. Oh, and I should say, I don't want to just put them next to my rows from the shop I got the pattern from. I want something fun.
Old 08-20-2014, 03:54 AM

I have only found 2 license plates and one of the two I have it was the last one they had. I was going to include them in some way on the back of my quilt. I'll be interested in ideas posted.

I so far have gotten 10 rows from three states and have plans to go with a friend shop hopping to a few more places later this week. I'm finding a wide variety in rows, techniques, prices for kits and such. I have only been to one shop where someone has completed a quilt and claimed their prize.
Old 08-20-2014, 04:12 AM

I have been to several quilt shops in this hop. The first one I didnt realize about the plates, and didn't get one. Most of the other shops were out of them. I got one $4.95. The next one was $6.50. I thought they were pricey. I may just frame it.
Old 08-20-2014, 05:20 AM

I have three and am still waiting for two more to come by mail; the shops were out when I got there.

I plan on using all of mine together in a tote bag - I need to make a big one to carry my cutting mat in when I go to classes and I am going to slap my plates onto that sort of like old travel stickers on steamer trunks. (I'll fuse/applique them down, probably) Not particularly inventive, but that way they'll get used and seen often!
Old 08-20-2014, 05:33 AM

I think the plates are really cute but I'm with you, how will I use them?? I don't have any yet. The closest shop to me isn't carrying them and the next closest shop is at least 1 1/2 hour drive. So, if I get some, great. If not, I'll live. I think next year I'll plan a couple day's of shop hopping..... just too busy this year.
Old 08-20-2014, 06:05 AM
Power Poster

How about making a section down the whole one side of the quilt. Applique or piece a wooden post like the crazy signs posts that have arrows going all different ways to different locations. You could put the signs along the post with arrows going different ways?
Old 08-20-2014, 03:21 PM

Thanks for the ideas.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:00 PM

Can someone post a pic of a plates so I can see what You guys are talking about? Sounds like fun!!!
Old 08-21-2014, 02:55 AM

The demand for the fabric plates was more than shops predicted. Many shops had to re-order them. They are custom printed, hence the costs. You can go to the Row by Row website to see which shops actually ordered them for their shop. Look up the state and scroll the list of participating shops. Their plate slogan is listed next to their name on the list. I predict many more shops will articipate in 2015. It has been a successful event from what my local shos ave been saying.

Check Facebook for your state R x R info and pics.

Sandy
Old 08-21-2014, 04:48 AM

I stopped at Maine-ly quilts in Nobleboro, Me (GREAT shop) and forgot to include the stores plate in my purchase. The shop owner is going to make a bag with one, using it for the flap after she laminates it with a product they sell. Cute idea! I'm going to make a travel poster of our 2014 RV trip through The south and New England. I was disappointed that all stores didn't have them but someone told me the first year was 600 shop participants and this year jumped to 1200 shops. Next year should be everyone! :-). Susan