Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Row by  Row >

Row by Row

Row by Row

Old 07-24-2014, 06:12 AM

I picked up 8 patterns on my road trip up to Oregon. I intend to (eventually) put them all into a quilt but that will probably happen long after the deadline for submission. I just want it done as a momento of my trip!

I paid for a total of 5 plates but 3 shops didn't have them in stock so those 3 should be coming in the mail soon, I hope. I intend to use those for a tote bag.
Old 07-24-2014, 07:00 AM

I only have 4 so far. Going on a bus trip this coming Saturday with 42! ( One being my sister) Other quilters to get more. Will be so much fun. Leaving Granbury, Texas and visiting surrounding quilt shops. I was at the quilt store in Corpus Christy and the lady was the nicest! She didn't have her pattern printed off and mailed it to me with a picture. Love her row. Also the store in Port LaVaca was super nice. Her row is so cute too.
Old 07-24-2014, 07:13 AM

Yup, doing it here in Mi. But nothing is stitched, just fondled.
Old 07-24-2014, 07:59 AM

I picked up a few patterns and the kits , but don't know when I'll get them done. I have a quilt on the frame and 2 planned for my grandsons. Maybe next year
Old 07-24-2014, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by coopah View Post
I've collected 4 in FL, 1 in VA, and 1 in PA so far. Haven't stitched any together. Asked the shop today if I could take a picture of their sample to reference. It's a good thing I did as they didn't include a finished drawing or picture!
I had forgotten all about that till saw this posting, thanks for the remind. I live far enough in the country so have to travel anywhere to get some. I see you have some from different states, does that mean you can make one quilt with all different states, they don't have to be done per state? I asked that once and no one seemed to know. Good idea of taking pictures.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:22 AM

I have a couple but truly I am not impressed with what I have seen. The patterns have either such poor instructions that you need to be a seasoned quilter to understand them or the pattern itself is just Ho-Hum. I apologize to those of you who may have written good instructions or created new exciting patterns but I wandered through all of the sites of shops in two states on face book that I either go to or could go to and was quite unimpressed. I did collect some patterns but will give them to others in my guild that are doing the row by row and let them use them. I love the concept but... it needs a little fine tuning in my opinion.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:28 AM

I have a couple from my summer travels but would love to have one from every area participating. If any one is not going to use their copy I would be delighted to pay postage, hint-hint! I can see a wonderful seasonal quilt from different areas in my mind and am needing a winter project. Golly-a quilt for ever season from all over the continent...now that's a thought!
Old 07-24-2014, 09:00 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Lafpeaches View Post
I was told that shops can sell the patterns starting in October. i have 5 of them. The pattern were free but the stores sold the kits for $12-15 some of which came wirh beads, buttons or crystals.
I hope they display and sell on line. I would like to get some but so far have only been in my area and not crazy about what I saw
Old 07-24-2014, 10:27 AM

I have collected 13 rows and 9 plates along my trip to Illinois and South Dakota then back to Texas. I love the rows but love, love, love the plates. I am hoping they sell the plates after the row by row over would love at least one from each state :-) I know we can't trade pattern but what about plates? Happy Hopping :-)
Old 07-24-2014, 12:00 PM

Ok....where have I been. What are you guys talking about???????