Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: ruffleless dust ruffle pattern sought

ruffleless dust ruffle pattern sought

I'm inexperienced and wished to purchase a pattern to make a tailored bedskirt, with corner pleats, for a king size bed and was also interested in a pattern for standard, queen, and king-sized pillowcases with french seams. The pattern which I located appears to be for a twin sized bed; i.e. Simplicity 5600. I'm planning to make a log cabin quilt that would have then have a coordinating bedskirt. Perhaps there are patterns that I'm unaware of, or perhaps I could double the twin Simplicity pattern? I do best with reading and hands-on patterns versus tutorials.

See if these help. Seems to me the Simplicity pattern would have instructions for all sizes of beds, not just twin, however.
    http://www.ehow.com/how_5181685_make...-bedskirt.html
    http://craftysisters-nc.blogspot.com...ox-pleats.html
    The Earth without art is just "Eh".

Thanks, ghostrider, for the useful information.

I do not make traditional dust ruffles. I make a bed skirt. Three peices ( one for each side) with a "waist band" I use the waist band part to attach to the bed /box spring with velcro. I hated washing and trying to get the traditional style on my bed by myself. The "waist" band is approx 3 inches wide . I have done these gathered and smooth. This method comes in handy for food boards... no worry about how to treat the bed post.

Lori -- that is ingenious!!! Thank you for the clever idea.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lori S View Post
    I do not make traditional dust ruffles. I make a bed skirt. Three peices ( one for each side) with a "waist band" I use the waist band part to attach to the bed /box spring with velcro. I hated washing and trying to get the traditional style on my bed by myself. The "waist" band is approx 3 inches wide . I have done these gathered and smooth. This method comes in handy for food boards... no worry about how to treat the bed post.
    I like your idea, just having 3 sides with a waist band. I'm wondering about the Velcro though. Isn't that expensive?
    Dorian

If you've met one child with Autism, you've met ONE child with Autism.

Yes, Lori, that is a great tip. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MommaDorian View Post
    I like your idea, just having 3 sides with a waist band. I'm wondering about the Velcro though. Isn't that expensive?
    Not really , I buy it on a roll 1 inch wide( use a coupon or wiat for the notions wall to be 50 percent off at Jo'anns). I have made it for others that I only put the velcro ( a one inch square) every 6 inches.

I started doing this after I had had enough of trying wrestle my mattress back on top of the box spring after washing the bed skirt. Now I can leave the mattress in place. I can't imagine trying to put a traditional bed skirt on a king box spring.
    Last edited by Lori S; 09-12-2012 at 08:04 PM.