Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ruler Foot and Template set >

Ruler Foot and Template set

Ruler Foot and Template set

Old 10-29-2016, 06:59 PM

Default Ruler Foot and Template set

These are in the Nancy's Notions catalog and I have looked at reviews and watched the videos but has anyone here on the board used them for quilting designs. There is a learning curve to every new gadget but if these are a help I will order them.

Thanks,
Evelyn
Old 10-29-2016, 07:25 PM

Machine Quilting Unlimited magazine has had a series (3) of articles on using them--the issues that just came out last week had the last one. check their website as they allow purchase of single copies on it.
Old 10-29-2016, 08:49 PM
Power Poster

Check out Amy's site www.freemotionquiltingadventures.com/ she has classes on Craftsy as well as videos on her site. She talks about the ruler feet that are available. The Westalee company has a ruler foot and templates for different machines. You need to know what shank your machine has. I have ordered the # 72 ruler foot and rulers for my Bernina since any other ruler foot voids the warranty.
Old 10-29-2016, 11:49 PM
Power Poster

My local quilt shop had someone from the Westalee come in and do a demo. They look like fun once you master technique . They are a lot like free motion quilting getting the hand, foot and speed control figured out. My husband bought me a set for my birthday but I haven't had time to sit down and play with then yet.
Old 10-30-2016, 03:35 AM

I ordered the Wesralee set over a yr ago, but I don't have the patience, so mine languishes in a drawer.
Old 10-30-2016, 03:58 AM

I just ordered and received my set a few days ago. I am looking forward to setting aside a block of time to practice with them and then get some of my UFO's quilted. I have many UFO's and they need to be finished and given to my children and used.
Sue
Old 10-30-2016, 06:45 AM
Power Poster

I have the Westalee starter set. My first use was great. There isn't much of a learning curve except for the more intricate designs but that is mostly stopping and starting. It's not as awkward as I thought it would be. I would advise to read the instructions and go step by step.
Old 10-30-2016, 06:45 AM

I'm drooling and going to treat myself to an extra Christmas present. I'm holding back till the black Friday sales hoping to save a few bucks or get more for same amount of budgeted money.
Old 10-30-2016, 08:31 AM

I have several rulers and have quilted a couple of quilts...they save time,in that there is less time spent marking a quilt. Be sure to use a slider on your machine bed to make the process easier. Sew Steady sells the sliders and rulers in the US.