Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: S/O "ugly" fabric...do you ever wonder...

Blog Entries
    if you buy fabric you love and someone else doesn't like it, do you wonder how that's possible?? I got a Moda Tweet Tweet jelly roll a while back because I fell in love with it when I saw it previewed. My sister thinks it's ugly. How can that be when I love it so? Funny how everyone's opinions are so different (and good since it would be boring if we all liked the same exact thing). But really, what *I* like is the best right? :mrgreen:

LOL... I agree booorrriiinnngggg if all the same :)

It's specially good if sisters don't like the same fabric otherwise it might end up at their place. :wink: :D

Quote Originally Posted by gale
    if you buy fabric you love and someone else doesn't like it, do you wonder how that's possible?? I got a Moda Tweet Tweet jelly roll a while back because I fell in love with it when I saw it previewed. My sister thinks it's ugly. How can that be when I love it so? Funny how everyone's opinions are so different (and good since it would be boring if we all liked the same exact thing). But really, what *I* like is the best right? :mrgreen:
    I'm glad everyone's taste is different - as you say, it is less boring. However, I'm with your sister - I have yet to see a Moda fabric that turns my head and I generally dislike most of them. Usually, when I grab at something, I find it is a Hoffman.

Banned
    absolutely. you are right.

Blog Entries
    Generally, Moda doesn't turn me on either, apart from their blendables.

I love Moda, most of them anyway....

Blog Entries
    I would love to be able to buy some of the Bliss by Moda!

My area had a class that required you to bring a fabric that you thought was ugly. You then passed it to the person to your left and they were required to make a table runner out of it. It was so interesting to see what everyone did and just how un-ugly the fabrics really were.....
    For me I love Moda, but never have a problem finding fabric I love in all lines...

I don't think I've seen very many truly 'ugly' fabrics. I know awhile back when the 'ugly fabric' challenge was going on here I couldn't find one to enter and actually liked almost all of the ones that were entered!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast