Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sampler quilt

Sampler quilt

Anyone have instructions for a sampler quilt that they would be willing to help me find? Or, a website where I could get one.
    Thanks quiltingboard family!
    Sue
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-31-2013 at 10:32 AM. Reason: pattern sharing is not permitted on the QB
    Susan

I found a cool sampler quilt called American Spirit when I was wandering the web. It can be found here:

http://www.fairfieldworld.com/patter...y-instructions

Another option, just put Free Sampler Quilt Patterns in your browser and see what you come up with. Good luck!

"In this age of information, ignorance is a choice".

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

Power Poster
    I think it would be fun to find your own blocks that had names that were significant in your life. I would go to www.quilterscache.com /quilt block galore and wander through the block names.

Here is a post on QB. It is fun to see what everybody else is doing with the blocks. Quilt Along January 2013
    I promise not to buy any more fabric until I see something I really like. Or it's on sale. Or I think it might match something.

I did the threadhead quiltalong, great instructions.........
    http://joanne-threadhead.blogspot.co...long-2012.html
    here's the one I did

My new wip, how would you quilt this??

Im working on a sampler now. I just picked blocks that were free on the internet, that I liked. I bought a pattern, (24in.) from One Piece at a Time, for the center.Then I designed my own sampler. Im using 32 twelve in. blocks and will sash them. Its for my Granddaughters Wedding, Im using pinks, all different shades, chocolate browns, burgundy and cream. No solids, just florals, tone on tones and dots. Each block is different. If I could do the picture thing I would post some but don't know how. Sorry.

I have made many sampler quilts...my first sampler I did using blocks from The Sampler Quilt Book by Diane Leone...I went on to teach many students using that book as a basis for the class, but we also used many other block patterns. You could pick blocks of any size, and make as many as you would need for your quilt, then find or design a layout you look and come up with your own sampler quilt. Lots of options on the internet too!

Quote Originally Posted by patchsamkim View Post
    I have made many sampler quilts...my first sampler I did using blocks from The Sampler Quilt Book by Diane Leone...I went on to teach many students using that book as a basis for the class, but we also used many other block patterns. You could pick blocks of any size, and make as many as you would need for your quilt, then find or design a layout you look and come up with your own sampler quilt. Lots of options on the internet too!
    Oh I really wish you knew how to post pics. Your quilt sounds absoultley beautiful and I would love to see it.
    Thanks so much for the suggestion!
    Susan

Thanks so much everyone!! I love all the samples you all have attached and the suggestion of picking my own certainly is an idea I will use with whichever sampler pattern I choose. It gonna be really hard picking one, they are all so pretty!

Thanks so much quilting board family!
    Susan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast