Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
San Diago and Palm Springs >

San Diago and Palm Springs

San Diago and Palm Springs

Old 08-28-2011, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by scrapngmom
There is a cute little shop in Fallbrook also called Quilters Cottage. Fallbrook is a small community on the San Diego/Riverside County border and is known as the avocado capital. It would be fun for us North County girls to get together. Anyone interested?
Yes-I'm very interested! I used to live in Fallbrook about 25 years ago-but spent the last 20 years overseas. Now I am back and would love to get together with other quilters in the area! There is one lovely lady I met on this board who lives in Lakeside-I will contact her to see if she is interested as well. Keep me posted!
Old 08-28-2011, 01:53 PM

OH MY! You have to eat at Sherman's Deli in Palm Springs!!! I stayed at a hotel right across from it and ate there every day!! They have a salami sandwich that was at least 4" thick!!!!!

http://shermansdeli.com/
Old 08-28-2011, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by scrapngmom
There is a cute little shop in Fallbrook also called Quilters Cottage. Fallbrook is a small community on the San Diego/Riverside County border and is known as the avocado capital. It would be fun for us North County girls to get together. Anyone interested?
I'm in, I live in Vista.
Old 08-28-2011, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Vanuatu Jill
I also live in San Diego-maybe a few of us down here could get together when your here and make the rounds of our shops! We have a really nice LQS right here in Ramona, called The Crazy Nine Patch. San Diego has the best of every conceivable restaurant as well! Near Rosies Quilt Shop is DZ Akins restaurant-UNBELIEVABLE food-a casual Jewish restaurant and deli. If you want to get together with some of us while your here, keep me posted-I would love to!
I'm in, I live in Vista.

Sorry, double post.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:17 PM

I agree with Charlee. Zoo is a must. When I lived in San Diego, I went to the zoo at least once a month. At the time, they also had a great petting zoo for kids. Think that has gone away. Have great pictures of my daughter, two at the time, with baby monkeys, elephants, lamas, girafes, etc. Don't know if you can really see everything properly in one day. All this is assuming you are an animal person. For me, it was awesome!!
Old 08-28-2011, 04:24 PM

Balboa Park is worth a day of your visit. It's awesome. Make sure you go to the Mingei International Museum for:

AFRICAN AMERICAN QUILTS FROM THE COLLECTION OF CORRINE RILEY
http://www.mingei.org/exhibitions/details/900
Old 09-07-2011, 04:16 AM

My host says there is a quilt show he will be taking me to on the 9th. And that he knows the owner of one of the quilt stores....This sounds like fun. I will arrive in PS about 11:00 AM. Gotta get ta packing...Whooo Hooo! This is going to be fun.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by AmyBaby
depending on the route you take between the two places - you could visit M&L Fabric http://www.yelp.com/biz/m-and-l-fabr...-store-anaheim It might be a bit out of your way, but you'll save on fabric to offset any fuel costs. Plan at least 2 hours to see everything. If you go on Saturday the isles get pretty challenging with all the crazy quilters pushing carts loaded with bolts of fabric...wait that would be me...
Two hours would not be nearly enough. I love that place and it is a 2.5+ hour drive from my house. They carry EVERYTHING and have fantastic prices. It is also practically across the street from Knotts Berry Farm.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by buffmama
My host says there is a quilt show he will be taking me to on the 9th. And that he knows the owner of one of the quilt stores....This sounds like fun. I will arrive in PS about 11:00 AM. Gotta get ta packing...Whooo Hooo! This is going to be fun.
I will be at the quilt show and my guild Sunshine Quilters will be selling raffle tickets for.

Hope this hot weather will be gone for you. Hope to see you at the show. I will be there most of the day on Friday and doing take down on Saturday evening.

Lisa