Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Santa Barbara and Solvang

Taking a quick trip to these two cities. Any quilts shops I should stop in.

Quote Originally Posted by laadw
    I can't help you with quilt shops, but if you haven't ever been to Solvang, get ready to eat, eat, eat. Solvang is a charming (touristy-is that a word) little town. Everywhere you go you will be surrounded by the scent of pastries and other baked goods. Throw your good dietary habits away for one day. I haven't been there for several years...time to go.
    You might want to google to find the quilt shops up there.
    Have a fun trip!

The Creation Station in Buellton is a great place to stop at. It is on your way into Solvang, right off the fwy from Santa Barbara.
    Another great shop if you come further south is The Treasure Hunt in Carpenteria. It is also a great shop. I make it to both these shops at least 2 - 3 times a year.

I don't think Blue Island Quilts exists any more. It closed down a few years ago.
    Santa Barbara Custom Quilting is a quilting service. I don't think it's a shop you can "shop" at. There really is not much in Santa Barbara, they all come down to Ventura and Camarillo and Thousand Oaks to shop.

Quilt Attic in Arroyo Grande and Old town quilt Shop in Orcutt are great stores but they are up the fwy a little.
    If you are going further north there are a bunch of little shops that we hit on our "Central Coast Quilt Run" the first weekend in June each year.

If you haven't visited Solvang before you have missed a wonderful adventure. Hope these work for you.

Make sure you check out the bakery. It is soooo yummy!

The simplearts may not come up. It is about 2 friends on their trip to Solvang and worth seeing.

http://simplearts.com/blogs/?p=915

http://www.thecreationstation.com/ne...irections.html

If you can't find something of interest at this site you just ain't trying!
    http://www.peasoupandersens.com/Shop...sh-Shops.shtml

http://www.solvangusa.com/listings/i...bstart=M⊆

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
    The Creation Station in Buellton is a great place to stop at. It is on your way into Solvang, right off the fwy from Santa Barbara.
    Another great shop if you come further south is The Treasure Hunt in Carpenteria. It is also a great shop. I make it to both these shops at least 2 - 3 times a year.

I don't think Blue Island Quilts exists any more. It closed down a few years ago.
    Santa Barbara Custom Quilting is a quilting service. I don't think it's a shop you can "shop" at. There really is not much in Santa Barbara, they all come down to Ventura and Camarillo and Thousand Oaks to shop.

Quilt Attic in Arroyo Grande and Old town quilt Shop in Orcutt are great stores but they are up the fwy a little.
    If you are going further north there are a bunch of little shops that we hit on our "Central Coast Quilt Run" the first weekend in June each year.
    I agree with Jim's Gem. Creation Station in Buellton is great. I love that place and never miss a visit when we stay at Cachuma Lake. Address is: 252 E. Highway 246 #A, Buellton, Ca. Ph. # (805) 693-0174. It sits right off the main road going thru Buellton to Solvang after you turn off the freeway. Small but mighty. Darling and prices are right. In Solvang on the main street downtown there is a big gift shop on the corner....go upstairs and they have a lot of neat sewing stuff up there. Don't miss that one, either. This is on the street right off of the street that runs all the way from Buellton thru Solvang. Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by JanetM
    Quote Originally Posted by laadw
    I can't help you with quilt shops, but if you haven't ever been to Solvang, get ready to eat, eat, eat. Solvang is a charming (touristy-is that a word) little town. Everywhere you go you will be surrounded by the scent of pastries and other baked goods. Throw your good dietary habits away for one day. I haven't been there for several years...time to go.
    You might want to google to find the quilt shops up there.
    Have a fun trip!
    sounds like fun