Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Santa please send me a Bernina Embroidery Machine >

Santa please send me a Bernina Embroidery Machine

Santa please send me a Bernina Embroidery Machine

Old 12-09-2009, 07:21 PM

Well Santa wouldn't bring me the 730E but instead agreed to help me pay for half of it. I can handle that so I took the plunge and bought it this weekend. They had a floor model discounted by $500 so I bought it and got a cute case with polka dots! I got home to a blizzard and haven't been able to get it out of the box. It is sitting there screaming at me - let me out let me out. It is talking louder than my secret santa gift.

Now I just need to figure out how it all works. I can't get back to the dealer until the end of January the beginning of February to get my lessons. So what advice do all of you embroidery enthusiasts have for me? Is there a board out there like this for embroidery machines. I am so overwhelmed I was having buyers remorse driving home in the snow on Monday :)
Old 12-10-2009, 12:09 AM
Power Poster

Congratulations, you have a great machine - there is a Yahoo group for the 730, and lots of help on that, though I delete most of them nowadays as they come to me with each line repeated , or even more oddly, the last couple of words of each line is repeated and it annoys me to try and read them. No complaints on the help though, I found it very interesting when I first got mine (have had it about 3.5 years now).
Old 12-10-2009, 05:40 AM

And check out www.berninausa.com often. They have great tutorials and projects with instructions that help you learn how to use your machine.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:46 AM

Missi,
I was late reading this thread.
But I was getting ready to send you a pm that I had a Bernina Deco 500 for sale for $175, but then I saw you already found a machine.
Good for you!

Anyone else need a machine????? :-)