Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Santa's quilting gift list... >

Santa's quilting gift list...

Santa's quilting gift list...

Old 12-05-2012, 04:09 AM

Always a problem. This year I asked for certificates for online classes, the quilting weekend in Amish country that is in June (complete with chicken dinner), the metal quilt block scultpures for outdoors and the always welcome gift - certificates to my favorite LQS. Very practical.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:55 AM

My grown children (and their families) and I exchange what we call our Christmas wish list. We put everything from expensive to very cheap...that way there will be something that each family can afford. We started doing this years ago because we hate to waste money on a gift that they may not like when we could buy something that we know they want. With a list of hoped-fors the suprise element of the gifting is still there.

On my list I put several quitling mags I'd like to receive a subscription for, machine quilting thread, schmitz (sp?) needles for the machine, basting spray, one or all of the stencil cd's from Quilt Making magazine, a rolling carrier for ma sewing maching to take to my quilting club, a flannel-backed table cloth so I could make a design wall...several other such things. I started to ask for fabric and/or fq's or charms..but knew they wouldn't have a clue on what to get in that department. I would have liked a gift certificate to the LQS...but they live 4 hours away and the LQS is an hour away from me in a different direction...so that was out.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:03 AM

I put the Mega hoop on my list plus a mariner's compass embroidery set from Nancy's Notions. My husband and family is awesome when filling my quilting 'wants'!!!
Old 12-05-2012, 05:15 AM

I asked for a new cutting mat and accessories that go with my cookware....already know i got em all...Thank you Santa
Old 12-05-2012, 05:17 AM

I ask for a turntable cutting mat!
Old 12-05-2012, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by institches33 View Post
Always a problem. This year I asked for certificates for online classes, the quilting weekend in Amish country that is in June (complete with chicken dinner), the metal quilt block scultpures for outdoors and the always welcome gift - certificates to my favorite LQS. Very practical.
I ordered EQ7 as a gift from my husband, since he knows nothing about computers, and I can't think of anything else I want or need - yet. Told him I may check out fabric sales after Christmas, since I don't have much fabric. What is the metal quilt block sculptures you mentioned - I don't think I've seen any, but always interested in yard decorations.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:16 AM

I asked for a new sewing machine. I got it a few weeks ago. We got it a bit early because we had a chance to buy the store's demo for 200 off and my husband wasn't sure if I would like it new or a demo so he had to ask me which to buy. I said heck yes on the demo. It had the same warranty and I already felt guilty enough that he was spending a thousand dollars on me for Christmas.

Oh and he got me a Viking Tribute 140c. LOVE that machine.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:05 AM

I am going to ask for some pre-paid classes.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:39 AM

I asked for thread sets and holder, but they usually give me money or gift certificates from my favorite sites.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:40 AM

I just asked for gift certificates so I can chose what I want. So we will see what happens. I really asked for a new sewing machine,but after the laughs I decided that probably was not happening : ) so I switched to something more practical ...