Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Sashiko

Oh Kay… so who has tried it? I want to do a small piece with the “Bunnies on the Trail” pattern just for the experience, but have no idea what to put together. I thought perhaps another pillow, but feel something more is in order, exactly what though? Any thoughts?

http://www.shiboridragon.com/Sashiko/Bunnies-43.jpg

Why not an Easter Wallhanging...do your sashiko bunnies and then border it with some pastel mixes??? Just a thought....I have some pastel egg material that would look cute as a border! LOL guess thats what made me think of that idea!

Ha! Good one Patsy, I hadn't thought of that. I've no room for a wall hanging, though it might make a nice gift. Maybe pastel and black thread, though I imagine it fairly non-traditional for Sashiko. I always think of Sashiko on either a pillow or kimono.

Well, I have actually only seen it once and it was indigo blue material with white thread....but hey...thats what the imagination is for! :lol:

DO YOU THINK REVERSING YOUR COLORS MIGHT WORK?

I really don't know, but it would be interesting to say the least.

I actually stitched the bunnies this summer. Mine is white fabric with dark blue stitching. I'm planning on a blue batik border of some sort. All I need is time to finish it. :wink: It will be a mini-wall hanging.