Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Scalloped border?

Quote Originally Posted by luvspaper
    I did the Ribbon Puzzle block from quilterscache.com:
    http://www.quilterscache.com/R/RibbonPuzzleBlock.html
    This was only the 3rd large quilt I had made.....almost 5 years ago now.

The pattern is a bit different from yours as they ribbons are not made from individual blocks, but I did scallop the edges (and did a cross hatch quilting on the border).
    Now that is cute!

Quote Originally Posted by Rose L
    I find scallops to be very feminine. Since this is for a young girl I believe the scallops would be fine. Plus it's another skill you add to your repertoire!
    I agree that they are very feminine. And I've wanted to do a scalloped border at least once. But a lot of the things I design aren't feminine...maybe girly punk, but not that cutesy, pretty in pink, "oh my gawd that is so freaking adorable" feminine. Nothing that I could put a scalloped border on and still take seriously. Like putting a frilly pink dress on a Goth.

I like the scallops. I agree the ones on your design are too deep. It would be awsome with gentle scallops. Let us see it when done. I really like lovespaper's quilt. I have used many patterns from Quilters Cache.
    Sue

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2