Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Scallops

What is your favorite way to create a scalloped edge on a quilt? Any binding tips?

Quote Originally Posted by Pinecone Quilts
    What is your favorite way to create a scalloped edge on a quilt? Any binding tips?
    I take the length or width and divide by the number of scallops I would like to have on the side then using a compass make a template and then transfer design to the border.

The one thing about scallops is you don't need to have a ton of them to make an impact, IMHO less is more in this situation.

On scallops I always used a bias binding, much easier to go around curves with.

Blog Entries
    I've only made one - my Dear Jane. My scallops were as many as the triangles on the edge, but I made them deeper than the original, and I used a narrow bias edge.
    I did make it double, to make it easier to stitch down on the back, and I tucked a crease at the junction of each scallop, which I stitched down, just as I would the mitre on the corners of ordinary quilts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinecone Quilts
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIHhT...eature=channel
    Please have a look at this tutorial i hope it helps you. I have not done it, but i found it very information. Good luck :wink:

Sharon Schamber also has a scallop tutorial that is good.