Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Scant quarter inch has anyone? Do I need this Foot????

I have a 1/4 inch foot for my Janome and am well satisfied w/it. Before I got it my seams were not accurate :mrgreen:

Okay, I'm gonna open a big can of worms, but I have always wondered. If I use the same foot all the time, and I don't care if my quilt is 2" smaller when I finish, why do I need to worry about this scant quarter of an inch?? Huh? Why? I understand if one is swapping blocks, but otherwise, please tell me. :twisted:

If all you ever sew is squares or log cabins, you will be fine. As soon as you start getting into more comples patterns, however, it DOES make a difference.

I guess I see it. Like if your pattern has pieces that cross a seam, LIKE why my Flying Geese never turn out good?!! Okay, darn it, I'll use it then. Thanks, Cathe!

I have the brother 1/4 inch foot and I'll swear by it. I use it for every project and my squares always come out just right, as long as I pay attention and don't let my material drift. I make lots of flying geese projects and don't have a problem with them.

Help !!!!!! Just tried to go to Quilt Wizard site on ebay....not what I was looking for. Did I do something wrong? I REALLY need that little "helper". Thanks
    ALfie

I think you would like a 1/4 inch foot! I would try and get one for your machine, if the manufacturer makes one.

I love mine 'cause I don't have to think, just sew. I would like one with the guide, though, and am thinking of getting it.

I bought my quarter inch foot at my neighborhood sewing machine/vacuum repair shop. We have two in our town and they really are a godsend, can fix your machine and carry all the different brands of feet and machine parts. Maybe there is a shop hiding in your town as well.

I might be sticking the spool in my mouth...but, have to say that I 'cheated' on my 1/4"!:0)I will when I can ever remember to...buy a 1/4" foot for my machine. Until then, I used a ruler to mark the exact 1/4" and marked my foot w/a marker perm. pen:))I tried that sewing tape and it did work for awhile, but, one would need to put packing tape over it to keep it from wanting to roll after awhile.:))So, here is a cheap solve for awhile:))Skeat

Banned
    1/4" is good but this Scant 1/4" is a pain plus I don't think the thing will hold up in the wash at least not around here!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast