Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Scared to death

Ooh! You are going to have so much fun! I am waiting for my Crown Jewel to be delivered and set up next week.

Practice...practice...practice! You will be fine!
    http://www.appalachianquilts.blogspot.com
    http://www.quiltweb.net

in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)
    No worries, you'll be having fun in no time! I've learned that if I'm going to try anything new, I just have to jump in and commit before I have time to talk myself out of it. Can't wait to see all the gorgeous quilts you'll be turning out on your new machine.
    aka Chicken McLittle

If it's true we learn from our mistakes, I'm going to be a genius!

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R View Post
    So, I went to the NQA show in Columbus, OH today. So many beautiful quilts! Anyway, I was having so much fun test driving the different longarm machines. Well, I ended up buying one - the Janome Artistic. I'm so excited for it to be delivered and set up, but I'm also scared to death that I jumped in too quick. I'll keep you all posted.
    I can so relate! I just bought a new machine yesterday (online), and I woke up last night, worrying about it. I hope we both love our new toys!
    Jenel Looney
    Assistant to Susan Mallery
    New York Times bestselling author

Thanks for all your words of encouragement! They can't be here for set up until mid-July - but that's ok, it gives me time to "absorb" it all (and get my sewing room ready). Now that I'm through with the initial shock, I'm super excited!

great for you have fun and enjoy your new machine

Enjoy your machine, you are going to love it.

Take your initial class asap! learn to load the quilt, use your laser light, pantos, if it doesnt have a channel lock, learn the poor mans channel lock..believe me..i went thru this four years ago. if u need advice let me kniw but once you are up and running you will only wush you bought a bigger one!

Don't be afraid. Inquire about taking a one-day class, some LQS's offer the class. Also YouTube has many videos on how to put the backing and quilt top onto the machine. I had taken the class about 4 1/2 years before I bought my Nolting Fun Quilter, after looking at YouTube and reading the material that came with the machine, I felt comfortable. I've had my Nolting a year last April and so far I have quilted 14 different quilts or table runners. I make quilts for a local childrens cancer hospital so my quilts are smaller than a full size quilt. Just have fun, you'll never regret it, JUMP IN, so if it's not perfect, who cares your learning.

Congratulations!
    http://trenbeathranch.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast