Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Scared to death

No second thoughts allowed---Just jump in and enjoy your new machine.

Yippee for you. Have fun and happy quilting.

Blog Entries
    I have had my longarm for a year now. I spent most of the year recuperating from a broken arm so have only been able to use it for a few months now. I have done many charity quilts for a group that I quilt with - thank goodness for them because I can't make them fast enough to get enough practice.

Right now, I have a friends' quilt on the machine for the second time. The first time we did some of the work together and the tension was off and there were many loops on the back. Time to take it off and unsew all that work. Took a couple of evenings, but I got it done and it is back on the machine for me to do by myself.

Now, the darn thing just stopped and I can't figure out what has happened - I can hardly wait for the quilt shop to open in the morning so I can call the owner and ask for his help.

Sometimes those snap decisions are the best ones! Enjoy your new toy!

I'm sure you will love your new longarm, and even if you don't (for whatever reason), they certainly seem to hold their value. At least, that's the impression I get from surfing on this board and other places too. So, if you figure out it's not for you, sell it, and recoup your investment!

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R View Post
    So, I went to the NQA show in Columbus, OH today. So many beautiful quilts! Anyway, I was having so much fun test driving the different longarm machines. Well, I ended up buying one - the Janome Artistic. I'm so excited for it to be delivered and set up, but I'm also scared to death that I jumped in too quick. I'll keep you all posted.
    I don't see the Janome brand name mentioned any where on this machine. It looks more like an independent version than a corporate sponsored one like the Viking 18.8 I would be jumping all over any of the new Tin Lizzy manufactured machines if I was a new mid-arm wanna-be, though. No criticism intended. I just didn't want others to run to their Janome dealers expecting to buy this machine as I don't believe it being sold by Janome.
    Beverly

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3