Scared and sad- my Janome 7700 died!

Scared and sad- my Janome 7700 died!

Old 11-16-2010, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Kas
Originally Posted by Jo Mama
Originally Posted by Kas
Originally Posted by Jo Mama
Originally Posted by Kas
My first Bernina 640 was a floor model and we got a screaming deal for it. It came with the BSR (which was why I wanted it but never use), the walking foot and the embroidery unit for $5,000. Well, the thread started getting stuck under a guide it shouldn't be going under twice. I don't know the technical term for it, but it made a horrible clunking noise and then the thread would break. Very frustrating. It went to the shop four times with no improvement. Finally, I went to pick it up and the shop owner told me they had just replaced the machine with one right out of the box. She couldn't fix it, so I got a brand new one for the same screaming deal. I haven't had a single problem with the replacement machine and I have had it for three years.
Glad it turned out OK.
I couldn't be more happy! It runs like a dream.
I used to live in Renton. Miss the NW and beautiful mts.
We had another wind storm last night. Power is still out in some places. You are a long way from Renton!
Sure am but treasure your beautiful Pacific NW. We love our beautiful beaches and sunny weather. Mother Nature is pretty awesome no matter where you live. Enjoy McClendons'!!
Old 11-16-2010, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by chiaraquilts
Just an update- my Janome is back home and working perfectly!!! I am so happy and relieved. Thanks for all of your support and kind words, this is a great group of people.
GREAT, I am so happy for you.
Old 11-27-2010, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by chiaraquilts
Hi all-
I bought my new Janome 7700 in July and have loved loved loved it- in fact just this morning was reassuring another board member about the effectiveness of the new 1/4" foot...

Did a bit of FMQ today, no problems, went to the ironing board for a few minutes, and noticed an icky "hot" smell- wasn't the iron- looked at my machine and the electronic screen was blank. Deep breath, turned it off, then on, and got an E4 error message, which according to the manual indicates a problem with the circuit and to bring it in for service.

I am going to bring it in in the morning- too late to go today- when I talked with them they said they had no idea what could be wrong, but sounds like the electronics are shot. From the smell, I think that is right. The machine is plugged into it's own surge protector, no lighting ptions here....

So I just don't know what to expect tomorrow. The dealer is a well established one with a very good reputation, but I don't know if they will replace this machine or will I be in for a long stretch of ordering parts etc.? And how comfortable would you be with this machine being repaired instead of replaced?

Sorry this is so long, but I guess I am a little freaked out ...thanks for listening!
I am glad I have a back up machine,It is a cheaper one but will do the trick if needed, BUY my over locker kicked the bucket while trying to finish the Christmas cushion that is needed on Wednesday. So I do know how you feel. I will take it to the doctor on Friday to see if it can be repaired. I hope your machine is back home soon unless it is a major problem,then ask for a replacement.