Just finished "glueing" (boy that sounds strange) the binding on my quilt. First time using the Sharon Schamber method. This just amazes me that the glue actually sticks once it is heat set. I think it takes a bit more time then pinning but..my fingers aren't full of band aids.
This is going to be so much easier to sew using this method...AND...the mitered corners turn out beautifully.
One thing I messed up on is leaving a long enough tail where I started sewing. I am going to have to hand stitch the seam where the two ends meet together. She did stress in the tut that this was important. I knew that but for some reason...zoom...right over my head. Now that I have made this mistake I will be sure to do it right next time.
I will post a picture AFTER I get the binding sewn.