Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Scissor Challenge!!!

Scissor Challenge!!!

Hi ladies & gents! I am new to this site but not quilting! I've been quilting for about 12 years ! I'm looking for some ideas for a scissor challenge it could be anything from a wall hanging, scissor holders, collage pictures, well the skies the limit!!! Get your creative juices flowing & help a fellow quilter!!! Thanks to all!!!

Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week! and very cold this very minute!
    I just made my daughter a scissor holder that holds 3 pr. Can't remember the site. but it starts with two(2) 8.5x11 inch pc of fabric fold, flip and fold again. nuts, will look around but in the meantime-google. I'm off to look. can't post pics or I would. that would be easier!
    You never stand taller than when you stoop to help a child.

Sorry I do not have any ideas, google would probably be a great source!!!! Welcome to the board!

Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week! and very cold this very minute!

Blog Entries
    You can Google Vicki's FAbric Creations. She has a pattern I believe similar to Cherrio's statement. I also went to office supply store and found great heavy pencil holder with 3 compartments for needle work scissors (smaller size), paper use scissors, and fabric and rotary cutters.

Fat Cat Patterns has a free pattern for a wall hanging that has a pair of scissors in it. http://www.fatcatpatterns.com/freeimages/fcp_nqd.pdf

Also, Carol Doak has a free pattern on her website that is a tool roll. It involves paperpiecing and piecing.

How about making a traditional template quilt where you have to cut it out with scissors? (as opposed to a rotary cutter) Or applique, I usually use scissors when cutting out applique shapes.

This scissor holder is pretty darn cute!
    http://quiltworld2.blogspot.fi/2013/...t-pattern.html
    PJ

tipnut is the name of the site where I found the original link for the scissor pouch

Thanks for the wonderful ideas & input ladies!!! Keep the ideas coming I'm getting inspired!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast