Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Scrap box...

Well, looks like my scrap box has come to the end of its life!!

miss 12 is making herself a quilt (don't ask)

she has raided the scraps box and cut her "squares", they are 4.25 x 5 inches, and is complaining that there are "NO GOOD FABRICS!!"

:shock:

NOW she is on my spare machine and piecing them together with sashing and corner stones, she's hoping to make a KING sized quilt for her (single) bed

any ideas of where to get a HUGE!! dose of patience??, not sure the studio is ultimately big enough for the both of us

....and she is my second daughter (of 6) that has wanted to make her own quilt. although mr 17 has designed both of his bed quilts in the past

Blog Entries
    That is great that she is learning to sew!

Yeah, um....I don't think I could handle it. My soon-to-be 18 year old learned to sew in Tech Theatre, and has hinted that she wants to use my sewing machine. I'm what you call....feeling protective about it? GAH!

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ
    Yeah, um....I don't think I could handle it. My soon-to-be 18 year old learned to sew in Tech Theatre, and has hinted that she wants to use my sewing machine. I'm what you call....feeling protective about it? GAH!
    If you are able to afford it, just buy a low price model for them. Some machines can be as low as 50.00 dollars. I gave my granddaughter my older singer but, she has yet to use it.

My son when he was little, absolutely needed a quilt for his build a bear for nite nite (was 4 or 5) I assisted as I held my breath!! Little fingers with moving parts!! OMG!!! It came out fine!! Teddy had his own tiny little quilt and son beamed!!! Then the pillows came. At least I know that if need be he can assist himself later in life now and I EARNED a few more grays!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Something that was absolutely horrifying has become a wonderful dear memory. Now he's getting ready to move onto college.

Have fun! lol!

Start her with blocks- if she gives up (maybe you hope so?! heehee!), at least it's something that can be made into a quilt when she get older, etc etc...

Enjoy the time- if you can!! Good luck...

Quote Originally Posted by craftybear
    That is great that she is learning to sew!
    She has to start somewhere. I think it's wonderful that she wants to sew. My daughter never wanted to learn, and my grandaughter is too far away.

None of my 5 kids or grandkids are interested in quilting.
    I wish at least one was, I would love to teach them.

Blog Entries
    I don't think it would matter WHAT fabric you have in your stash - you would get complaints. (comes with being a teeage girl.) That is quite the ambitious project - King Size. WOW! Lots of opportunity to learn. Stop being Mom for the moment and try to be the quilting mentor. What would you tell a QB newbie?
    Good luck and we want pics!

Now you have a sewing buddy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast