Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Scrap Quilts >

Scrap Quilts

Scrap Quilts

Old 02-19-2010, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by thismomquilts
I am making a scrap quilt right now. I have used all floral scraps. I am not worrying at all if anything matches colorwise. I am just looking at the patterns (Sampler quilt) of each block and making sure I use darks, mediums, and lights. This will allow the pattern of the block to show through. It is turning out very well... I was SCARED of scrappy until I actually did it!! Now I'm in love with scrappies!! :)
Nice scrappy quilt block on your avitar! Love it!
Old 02-19-2010, 07:02 AM

I usually don't do scrap quilt, but I am making two scrappy log cabins. It has about every fabric in my scrap bin in them...small floral, large floral, paisley, stipes, tone on tones..you name it, it is there, and in every color.
I'm doing the stright furows, and looking good. I will be posting a picture in a couple days of both of them.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:40 AM

Do you have a picture of it?
Old 02-19-2010, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
I made my husband a scrappy log cabin. I used every ugly fabric I could find. I don't think there was one fabric in the whole quilt you could actually call pretty. I put fabrics together that clashed. And I mean really, seriously are UGLY together.

It turned out to be the coolest quilt ever.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by watterstide
Scrap quilts are my favorite..i appreciate all the owrk that goes into the patterned ones..i make them too..but there are so many things you can do with scraps, from string quilts, to blocks that don't match!
I really like the quilt. You made me feel better on using the scraps I have. You just simply used small blocks? How did you do the design?
Old 02-19-2010, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by patty48
I love scrappy quilts the best. I can look at all the different fabrics and tell you where they came from, what other quilt it was in (probably gone to someone but still have a piece of that quilt). Almost like an I Spy quilt but for adults. Have fun with it....
I spy? What is that?
Old 02-19-2010, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by thismomquilts
I am making a scrap quilt right now. I have used all floral scraps. I am not worrying at all if anything matches colorwise. I am just looking at the patterns (Sampler quilt) of each block and making sure I use darks, mediums, and lights. This will allow the pattern of the block to show through. It is turning out very well... I was SCARED of scrappy until I actually did it!! Now I'm in love with scrappies!! :)
Can I see a picture of it?
Old 02-19-2010, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by butterjoy
Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
I made my husband a scrappy log cabin. I used every ugly fabric I could find. I don't think there was one fabric in the whole quilt you could actually call pretty. I put fabrics together that clashed. And I mean really, seriously are UGLY together.

It turned out to be the coolest quilt ever.
I don't have a picture of that quilt on this computer. I can take one later today. I have to do some work stuff this afternoon and then I can take a pic and post it.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by butterjoy
Originally Posted by patty48
I love scrappy quilts the best. I can look at all the different fabrics and tell you where they came from, what other quilt it was in (probably gone to someone but still have a piece of that quilt). Almost like an I Spy quilt but for adults. Have fun with it....
I spy? What is that?
You've never played I spy? I spy with my little eye something ...?
Old 02-19-2010, 09:49 AM
Power Poster

I try not to use the same fabric twice in my stuff. Check out my stuff. Just click on my name and then click on my posts and you can see the threads I have posted. There are so many ways to use scraps!!

Check out my web sites in my signature. You can get lots of ideas by checking out people's blogs they list in their signature under the messages.