Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Scrap source???

Scrap source???

Does anybody know a good source for relatively inexpensive remnants/scraps of brocades, velvet, drapery and similar fabric. I am looking into making some crazy patchwork, and jewelry pouches but my pile of non cotton fabrics needs some refreshing. Thanks in advance! Happy (crazy) quilting!
    I've got a smile on my face, I've got four walls around me
    The sun in the sky, the water surrounds me
    I'll win now but sometimes I'll lose
    I've been battered, but I'll never bruise

Check and see if there is a custom drapery shop in your area. My husbands niece worked for one and had tons of this kind of stuff.

I've seen drapery and upholstery samples that are used for special orders at Joanns for $2 each. My Joanns must have pulled a bunch from the rack lately because they had a nice selection.:

Thank you! Excellent ideas. Drapery makers and JoAnn's here I come!

Tashana, I have to ask who is the little guy in your avatar? I smile every time I see it. :-)

I have some furniture stores smiples. I would be glad to share, but I think the only way to cover the cost of postage would be flat rate box and that can get costly. You may check will your local furniture stores and see if they have some smiples that they would sell.
    Scrapy quilts have more love in them.

Quote Originally Posted by sewplease View Post
    Tashana, I have to ask who is the little guy in your avatar? I smile every time I see it. :-)
    The little guy in my avatar is my son when he was a baby. He loved his food so much that he would bite down on the plastic spoon and refused to let go. I just had to snap a picture and it turned out to be a really good one.

Also check with furniture stores, especially the mom and pop kind. When a line of fabric is discontinued, they have to get rid of their sample books.

Thanks! Cute baby, great picture!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    I have some furniture stores smiples. I would be glad to share, but I think the only way to cover the cost of postage would be flat rate box and that can get costly. You may check will your local furniture stores and see if they have some smiples that they would sell.
    Thank you for your generous offer, but this is not an emergency. I will definitely check the furniture stores. Thank you for the idea. I used to have a really good source for this kind of stuff but he is never here anymore since most of the business he has is overseas. I will try locally, and if that does not work I will try to catch him between the flights LOL!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast